When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many watches have passed through RWG ?

lanikai

lani- i'm curious to know your rep count also. it would seem that you own one of everything.

right now i have about 50+ watches, (about 35 reps, the rest gens). i'm a keeper, i never sell them but sometimes i give them away.

over the years i would say i have bought at least 60- 80 reps or so.

here's some but not all of the current stable!

post-12024-1235426504_thumb.jpg

This is going to be extremely inaccurate...but more food for thought that given we have 18,000+ members but not all have bought watches or were active in the last 3-5 years...but factor in that a peak login of 1480 in a day probably means that active viewership at any time is 1200+ members a day but much of those are repeats throughout a week...even if 50% of the members bought 1 watch in the last 3-5 years...you're talking 9,000 watches!!!

WHAT?! THATS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!

This is a very public place to be boasting about these kind of numbers guys.. As fun as this hobby is we're still in a legal "grey area" and the board doesn't need attention from those who don't share our enthusiasm.

:rofl:

No offense Logan, but it's a little late in the game to be concerned over "who" is checking up on us... I would like to believe that RWG.. draws attention not as a "illegal" enterprise.. cause we are not !!.. In actuality, the forum was established to 'protect' individuals from scam sights and dishonest dealings.. for this RWG can wave it's flag proudly ..

if the "powers that be " were serious, this sight and others like it would have been shut down long ago ... if you are referring to the Internet marshals of ebay and PP.. well, if you sell reps on ebay ... you may be "stuck on dumb" and breaking the cardinal sin of "our" code.. whatever our code is.. :whistling:

I don't think our "Founder" thought that his Forum would grow into such a wonderful Community .. the main purpose was to "Protect" but look at how members support each other in all aspects of Brotherhood !!

The Brussels GTG.. wow, that is an event that I would love to travel to, I mean when you start thinking in those terms, it Say's volumes about the members who organize and plan the event !! .. and if Interpol was serious.. what are they going to do? .. arrest people for~

"great camaraderie and goodwill" :thumbs up smiley anime:

My thoughts recently have been about the "evolution" of the rep collector.. more than just "how many reps" one has . there are interesting changes in this hobby that take place and it seems to be "text book" behavior .. of which I may be an example ..

So that you won't think I don't want to "stick" my neck out and just ask everyone else to come forward..

Really,.. I have never counted "how many reps I have" .. I think if I did I may commit myself to a week of rehab for watches.. :shock: but I will throw in with everyone else..

I don't know the exact count, but somewhere in the vicinity of .... 175~200 .. now there are others who have had more .. just not all at once.

Now if you don't hear from me .. then you will know you were right ... and I have been whisked away to the "Federal Detention Center" ... otherwise I;ll be here doing what we all do.. looking for that perfect REPLICATION ... B)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

But my first and only rep this week, glad I went ahead with it, partly because I wanted my first buy to go through smoothly and I really couldnt go wrong in buying the rep from a respectable member of the boards who lives in the same country.

:)

I already have a few watches on my list, howeevr I'm taking it slowly as I just realised the watch I just bought isn't really what I reeeaaaly wanted, but just bought it to get on the rep ladder.

I have a graham oversize overlord, breitling avenger, and a hip looking panerai in mind, howeevr I keep seeing new watches every day that tickle my fancy so I wont be jumping on the rep bandwagon any time soon.

Oddly I noticed I've been a member here since 2007, and bought my first rep in 2009, reason being I joined here after a link was posted on another forum thinking I'll get an expensive looking watch for

Hi everyone I have had roughly 90 pass through my hands over the years and currently have 10 I've kept and love. :oops: Oh and one new one on the way!

I suppose due to the current climate the Chinese government would probably start welcoming counterfeit goods as they probably receive a huge amount of cash in taxes, if they don't someone aught to tell them :bangin: :bangin:

I've gone thru like only 15 total since i've registered here.

I went a little nuts the 1st few months, and ended up selling a bunch of them

Not as nuts as you thou Lani!

:p

:lol:

. Your younger... you have plenty of time to "turn".... ;)

totalwise Posted Today, 03:18 PM

But my first and only rep this week, glad I went ahead with it, partly because I wanted my first buy to go through smoothly and I really couldnt go wrong in buying the rep from a respectable member of the boards who lives in the same country.

I already have a few watches on my list, howeevr I'm taking it slowly as I just realised the watch I just bought isn't really what I reeeaaaly wanted, but just bought it to get on the rep ladder.

I have a graham oversize overlord, breitling avenger, and a hip looking panerai in mind, howeevr I keep seeing new watches every day that tickle my fancy so I wont be jumping on the rep bandwagon any time soon.

Oddly I noticed I've been a member here since 2007, and bought my first rep in 2009, reason being I joined here after a link was posted on another forum thinking I'll get an expensive looking watch for

I've gone through 5. I currently don't own any reps, but have two on the way!

I think the beauty of WIS-ness is that it's so easy to liquidate a watch, so you can have it in your hands for a while to see if it's a keeper. Of course, dealing with reps makes the financial burden an order of magnitude less :).

Back when I was crazy about guitars (still love to play, but not as obsessed or afflicted with GAS--Guitar Acquisition Syndrome (not making that up)), I would think long and hard before I bought one, because they are super expensive to ship and might break/suffer humidity changes in transit. Having such ship-able things definitely makes it easier to go through them. :)

Much can be said too about the Quality of the reps since last year, they have reeally raised the standard.. as set by sites such as Honpo.. etc.

.. I'm awaiting the full ceramic Top Gun and it is made by the makers of the HBB line.. they never dissapoint.. I would say they are in a class all by themselves as fare as GZ goes .. we'll see.. it'll have the lazer etching like the genuine.. ti crown and pushers.. We shall see..

yup definately time to sell off some of the never worn reps ... -_-

On the evolution front....I definitely find a big difference in my watch tastes now. My first couple of watches were crappy Mont Blanc and a Breguet...and I thought they looked cool. The reason I got them was...I met a Yahoo auctions dealer and saw about 30 watches in all....liked these two as they seemed to be the best. These watches were about 38/39mm size. For a while I stuck to sub 43/44mm watches. These had cost me about $50 each....sold the breguet ...but the MB still ticks :p

Now...I go more for accuracy and what seems pleasing to the eyes. And the smallest I would wear is a 43mm. I like big chunky watches now....even though my wrist size is average (half of Lani's wrist :p). I guess it also depends on how comfortable you feel and whether you can carry it off.

In the recent months...I have got the Concord C1, Super Avenger, DSSD, UN Steel, UN Gold....on order is a Tag Grand Carrera...and buy list is FM Casablanca, SA Blacksteel, AP ROO Gold...etc.

Cheers

Hey Samu, you have had quite a number pass your door ... ;)

remembering some of my first reps.. the Breitling for Bently ... Super Avenger.. and of course the Submariners .. and Pams.. 127 was my first ever rep. .. before I came on board RWG.. .. seems like a long time and many reps ago.. :)

@BT.. a very select collection .. :D

Hey Samu, you have had quite a number pass your door ... ;)

Reminds me of a song by Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson...."To all the girls I've loved before"

.....To all the girls I've loved before ...Who travelled in and out my door ...I'm glad they came along ....I dedicate this song ...To all the girls I've loved before :p

Reminds me of a song by Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson...."To all the girls I've loved before"

.....To all the girls I've loved before ...Who travelled in and out my door ...I'm glad they came along ....I dedicate this song ...To all the girls I've loved before :p

:lol:

sheesh.. I need a break.. checked and the top gun is out of customs .. the crown and pushers are supposed to be ti.. and judging from the pics on Joshua's site they look to be just that.. maybe my Nikon can take the macro's by itself by now.. :g:

yeah.. reps are the mistresses .... genuines are the "main squeeze" but mistesses are more fun ... :thumbsupsmileyanim: