When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Assembly/ disassembly DG2813

Rolexman

Dear all,

As of late I'm really in to watchmaking. I know my way around watches and movements pretty well. All the basics are covered and I want to take it to the next level. I'm teaching myself a lot of new stuff every day and each time I assemble and disassemble my A7750 a little bit further with help of Offshore's ETAL@B 7750 assembly guide. I got as far as completelely disassembling the autowind module, chronograph module and date change module.

Now here's my problem:

I had a spare DG2813 and as I've read this movement is relatively simple to assemble/ disasseble I though why not give it a try....

Disassembled the complete date module

-Tuned the movement-

Unscewed the three screws of the auto-wind bridge and PING BANG POEF it exploded :angry2: . I probably missed something...... but I still have all the parts ( It's a very basic movement so it are no more than 10 parts -gear train, barrel, etc.-). I know I can fix it but I just don't know in which order and where the parts are supposed to go. I also looked at the ETAL@B 2892 assembly guide but that's a totally different movement.

Any help is greatly appreciated... I am hopeing somebody is willing to do a step by step guide :)

The Zigmeister has said working on these cheaper Asian movements is a total lesson in frustration. They are not really meant for being serviced. Sigh...I was hoping for the same learning lesson...but the Master has said all one will learn in trying to work on these movements is how to curse more creatively and with louder volume (this is more an interpretation than a quote). :)

The Zigmeister has said working on these cheaper Asian movements is a total lesson in frustration. They are not really meant for being serviced. Sigh...I was hoping for the same learning lesson...but the Master has said all one will learn in trying to work on these movements is how to curse more creatively and with louder volume (this is more an interpretation than a quote). :)

LOL but sure these movements are assembled by hand and not machine..... it should be possible. Maybe we just don't know the right trics?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Pics provided by Pr0digy30.

The problem he and I are having is putting the bridge back on. . .

dsc02257bvr.jpg

dsc02254f.jpg

dsc02253.jpg

MEGA necropost resurrection!

Hey Rolexman, I dealt today with this 2813 bastard too :)

The secret here is just to take away the balance! Once done and aligned best you can all the wheels, then you put the bridge on top, aligning it with the reference points and, while with a pair of tweezers you keep it in place very gently, with another pair of tweezers you can reach the click (otherwise covered by balance bridge) and moving it make the reverse wheel to go in position and therefore also the main bridge :)

Then you can put back the balance and it's magically done! :)

• Like 1