When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of my "Stealth" custom PAM 212?

RWG Technical

I thought I would have a bit of fun and experiment with a few things...

First up, I decided to PVD coat my 212 case.

Then once I got the case back looking at the dial and luming it with C1 or C3 just didn't catch my eye...so I thought why not lume it with Genuine Dark Grey Super Luminova, and to top it all off...install a Carbon Fibre BOB strap...

I also serviced the movement for years of trouble free service.

Here is what I ended up with. I will add that this Super Lume is the most difficult lume I have ever used, imagine taking wet beach sand, trying to pick it up with a knife, and then trying to apply it to a dial...terrible stuff to work with, and the results are not to my normal standards.

Hope you like it.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And in case your thinking

"there's no way that this lume glows..."

Think again...:)

1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

RG

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang.... what a beauty. A tiny tang of orange would be awesome... maybe on the chrono sec hand. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Mr Bonati, are you reading this??

Great work, Rob.

Cheers

Siesta

Great idea, I think some colour would add to the effect...

Do you think just the tip of the chrono seconds hand from the lume dot out??

I probably won't be keeping it, it was more of an experiement to try a few new things and see what could be done. I have lots of watches to wear...

Glad you like it, and thanks for the feedback.

RG

Maybe a red tachymeter scale, and red chronograph hands, not black? Leaving the hour and minute hands as is ^_^

Tachymeter scale I can't change...but I can paint the hands, red chrono hands would be kind of cool as well...seems as if I have some thinking to do...

The only thing if the hands were red, they would stand out too much compared to the hour and minute...hmmm, not easy this design work.

@ Fidestro

Thanks for the vote of confidance.

RG

WOW...thats georgeous....I love it.

Is the PVD coating from the factory I think it is?

SUGESTION: Just color the tip of the center chrono seconds in Ferrari-red.....thats it!

....and than you might color the white strap thread into red as well....hellovawacth :cool2:

Theo

Tachymeter scale I can't change...but I can paint the hands, red chrono hands would be kind of cool as well...seems as if I have some thinking to do...

The only thing if the hands were red, they would stand out too much compared to the hour and minute...hmmm, not easy this design work.

@ Fidestro

Thanks for the vote of confidance.

RG

Ah I see, what if it were more of a blood red, than the standard "post box" red? B)

WOW...thats georgeous....I love it.

Is the PVD coating from the factory I think it is?

SUGESTION: Just color the tip of the center chrono seconds in Ferrari-red.....thats it!

....and than you might color the white strap thread into red as well....hellovawacth :cool2:

Theo

Yes, the PVD is from a good supplier :)

I think I will go with the tip only red on the seconds hand.

Red in the strap as well?? never even though of that...have to think it over.

I am going to use the same dark red I used on the Breitling Blacksteel, if it works for the BS it should work for this one.

Thanks for the comments and positive reviews, I wasn't sure if it would be to everyone's liking, but I certainly like how it turned out.

RG