When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

most acurate rolex rep out of the box

dandonnelly

this is not just another who has the best sub question. I am wondering what is the most accurate rolex rep out of the box on the market right now, is it the milguass, daytona, dssd...etc

I am interested to know what the top rolex guys think as I am about to embark on my first rolex rep and I would like the input, and yes i have searched the forums but the answers I found are way out of date.

Thanx everyone

the answers I found are way out of date.

Hmmmm, don't know about that, By-Tor usually posts a topic often enough that I would consider them 'current'. If you want to zero in on the top notch stuff, read By-Tor's reviews, and read his 'Topics' sourced from his member profile. F'rinstance, this topic is only a few weeks old.

Currently I would wager the Watchmaker9 Submariner/Yachtmaster or the current BLACK DIAL GMT Master II sourced from EuroTimez or bklm123 (BK's Watch Garage) are probabaly the best out-of-box..............opinions may, will and are guaranteed to vary.

Edited by Demsey

Hmmmm, don't know about that, By-Tor usually posts a topic often enough that I would consider them 'current'. If you want to zero in on the top notch stuff, read By-Tor's reviews, and read his 'Topics' sourced from his member profile. F'rinstance, this topic is only a few weeks old.

Currently I would wager the Watchmaker9 Submariner/Yachtmaster or the current BLACK DIAL GMT Master II sourced from EuroTimez or bklm123 (BK's Watch Garage) are probabaly the best out-of-box..............opinions may, will and are guaranteed to vary.

Well my opinion do not vary...your answer sums it up :D

Any decent Datejust will pass muster better than any sporty SS rep.

However, I stand by my statement that I can spot an out-of-the-box replica Rolex at over 10 feet, as long as I control the lighting conditions, of course.

@the world G2G we're going to have to put that to the test! (not that I doubt it but it'd be awesome to see!)

Any decent Datejust will pass muster better than any sporty SS rep.

However, I stand by my statement that I can spot an out-of-the-box replica Rolex at over 10 feet, as long as I control the lighting conditions, of course.

I'd agree if this was still the early 2000's. But with all the spam on the internet, people know you can easily buy a datejust replica. Also datejusts have problems. The late model ones have incorrect case size and quite possibly incorrect crystal height. Still, not many people will be able to tell the difference. Also Rolex does not use 316L grade SS like replicas claim to use, they use 904L and there might be a difference in color between the two metals and I have been hearing that 904L SS is more polishable than 316L which is why you'll see problems with the finish on replica bezels at times, especially when the replica is used/worn. The bezel on my Airking for example looks horrible now.

Back on topic though, I'd have to say the Explorer. The watch that looks like an Airking. I saw a real one some lady was wearing once and then I saw the reviews a while back on the replica and they looked spot on the same.

I'd say there are five-six excellent modern Rolex replications:

WM9 16610 Submariner v2

WM9 Yacht-Master

are in the league of their own. Then:

Rolex Explorer II Noobfactory version (black dial only)

GMT IIc "Ultimate"

Euromariner latest

WM9 16610 Submariner v1

Best Explorer I's are very good too.

Daytona Seconds at '6 ain't visually bad, either... as long as you stick with the basics ie. black and white SS models. The whole Noobfactory line is very decent (TT Sub, Noobmariner SS and TT, YM, DeepSea v3).

"Spotting the bracelet color" is absolute bs. The gen and (polished & cleaned) rep steel are virtually indistinguishable unless you have them side-by-side, in exactly correct lighting exposure.

I'm not a rolex guy at all, but I would think a BK V2 WM9 Sub.

and yes no matter how you sugarcoat it, it's a who has the best topic

Really, it is because its going to come down to a sub. And from information i've read here, not from 1st hand handling, i'd agree 16610 WM9 V2 would be the direction i'd point someone in. Then a noobmariner.

Maybe one of those reconditioned WM9's are still available.

By-Tor that depends on the grade of steel used in the rep though, because my swiss day-date's metal color is very distinguishable from my asian datejust's metal. The day-date does not appear to be 316L and the datejust appears to be 316L. I guess the old day-dates just used cheaper metal. I read today that 316L and 904L are virtually the same, but the content of nickel and copper alloys differ a bit making the 904L more corrosion resistant which really does not matter with a watch. I agree with rolex using the highest grade of steel though, I mean look at how much you pay. I think the cheapest Rolex these days is probably $5500.

Could depend on the rep, yeah... but check this out.

Here's my genuine and replica (polished and properly cleaned) 16710 side by side. I really tried to take a shot in proper light exposure (when I was doing my review) and show the difference but it was really difficult. Yeah you can probably see it, but if this kind of difference is a big deal to someone I think he's in dire need of therapy. :D

IMG_9829.jpg

All that "superior" 904 steel stuff is just marketing hype which (of course) does its job. People who have never owned gen Rolexes think they're something special and "larger than life". But I can assure you: they're not. They're stainless steel base metal automatic watches... just like their rep counterparts.