When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer Serie Speciale - is Trusty selling an old version?

jojo90

Yeah it certainly looks like the old version.

That's an ancient rep. I have a review of it though... it dates way back to 2005 and RWG1. It was reposted here later. By the standards of that era it was pretty good rep. Among the very few remotely accurate chrono reps.

By today's standards: Not so much. Check here for the article. If nothing else it's a nice trip back to the memory lane.

I would ask the exact same thing....

+1

I would like an accurate rep of the 'Old Navitimer' using the older Asian slow-beat movement so that a Swiss 7750 could be dropped in. It would sell very well and the same basic case would do the tri-compax layout for anyone wanting that.

+1

I would like an accurate rep of the 'Old Navitimer' using the older Asian slow-beat movement so that a Swiss 7750 could be dropped in. It would sell very well and the same basic case would do the tri-compax layout for anyone wanting that.

Thats what I thought (about the tricompax switch); but it turns out that the tricompax is slightly thicker than the normal 7750 due to the extra gears.

So believe it or not, the crown and pushers of the tricompax case are slightly lower (further back from the dial) than the 6,9,12 7750 case!

Which would lead to the dial sitting too low or too high in the case.

In short, its best to buy the correct dial configuration Navi rep for whatever mod you would intend to carry out.

Edited by Importr

I wonder why no one has taken the trouble to make a Navitimer accurate to today's rep standards. I think it would sell like mad.

I think they already sell pretty well :p

The navitimer reps are maybe not accurate by today's standards but still very accurate to the layman's eye