When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Barrichello sec @ 12 is on Josh's site!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the buckle is total wrong the genuine is titanium

Like anybody would notice the buckle inside the strap....!!!! If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

I think it looks great for what it is, I placed my order and can't wait to get it. :p

I still think they could have skeletonized the two plates by drilling the center hole larger...and then used an o-ring to secure the hour wheel in place. At least the main gear would be visible after the mod.

The "soul" of the watch is missing in this version since the skeleton dial is the heart of the gen, IMO... but it still looks great...albeit not $600 great.

-bosk

I think it looks pretty good. I'm wondering about the quality of the strap though.

Could me hard and expensive to get it replaced by a gen one.

Also I'm a little concerned about the size.

Remember that some of us say that the standard ROO is a tank with 42 x 15.5mm.

This one is even bigger with 44 x 18mm.

Although the description says polished bezel, it seems like the side is polished and the top is brushed like the gen right?

Guest Sql_pl

What is most interesting is that Joshua's description says it is stainless steel twice and once that it is titanium.

Now guess which one is correct?

I also wonder about serial number - hope it is not 000/000 or something like that.

This is one nasty looking watch, can't wait for some quality pics, but I think I'll have to get it ASAP :wub::wub:

Why not simply skeletonize the plate in the appropriate places?

Because, not even plain 7750 have visible hour wheel, and I don't think it's possible to drill top plate (I mean top plate of regular 7750) in that way.

Only thing that could be done is putting fake gear (and possibly some screw heads) in that spacer plate on moded movement that has no other function.

regards

Going to order this as well, looks really good except the plate and clasp. But if you brush the clasp it's hard to see it's not Titanium

Does somebody knows when they come with the rosegold and platinum version?

I will post some rep vs gen pics when I have one

Going to order this as well, looks really good except the plate and clasp. But if you brush the clasp it's hard to see it's not Titanium

Does somebody knows when they come with the rosegold and platinum version?

I will post some rep vs gen pics when I have one

do you have the gen? cool..

Completely agree

I bought a brand new seconds at 9 from Time4direct - very pleased with it. Looks identical. $299

Seems hard to justify the extra $300. For the rare person that notices the seconds in the right place, are you gong to pass it off as a genuine, anyway?

Am I the only one that thinks a good part of the cyclops is cut off?

Is just the angle of the pic, same happens in the gen, actually the only flaw i can see, as many before pointed, is the missed gear down the dial, and we have to wait to se the serial number, should be xxx/1000

regards

Is just the angle of the pic, same happens in the gen, actually the only flaw i can see, as many before pointed, is the missed gear down the dial, and we have to wait to se the serial number, should be xxx/1000

regards

King has some new pics. Serial number doesn't look to be 0001/1000. However the cyclops definitely looks cut off.

King has some new pics. Serial number doesn't look to be 0001/1000. However the cyclops definitely looks cut off.

Kings pics show that the plate has polish swirl marks. A bit better than Josh's pics. The cyclops is NOT cut off...that's only pic angles.

Yes, and from Kings pictures it is obvious that bezel is correct, brushed on top :wub: I was afraid if that was correct.

Also dial is definitely skeletonized, and plate is visible, so some mods in that area will be possible.

I must get this baby soon ...

regards

AP bands has the band model for this good option for replacement right? at least cheaper than GEN

regrads

I think it looks pretty good. I'm wondering about the quality of the strap though.

Could me hard and expensive to get it replaced by a gen one.

Also I'm a little concerned about the size.

Remember that some of us say that the standard ROO is a tank with 42 x 15.5mm.

This one is even bigger with 44 x 18mm.

Although the description says polished bezel, it seems like the side is polished and the top is brushed like the gen right?