When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Of Tag Link Automatic Chronograph 7750

By-Tor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My photos will follow, but I wanted to let those interested in this watch, that the TAG Link reps are unbelievable. Remember when the first PAM reps appeared, and how damn nice they were...well these new TAG Links are of the same quality.

I ordered and am wearing the new TAG Link Chrono with black dial and brushed SS bezel. It is simply a fantastic watch. Rep or real. I can not say enough good things about the construction and quality of this piece. I hope that my photos will help your opinion, but the photos listed in this post are enough.

BUY IT, you'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

crap how does one get the push-pins out? Pushing, my first guess, is not working...

There's only one push-pin. The one that's next to the clasp. It's very tight but it comes out. Give it some hammer and keep the faith. :lol:

Considering that the A/R coatings is object of a lot of discussions,

I have asked an official explanation to the Tag-Heuer and also

the exact dimensions of the CJF2114.BA0576...

this is the reply mail of Tag-Heuer :

Dear Client,

on the A/R coatings the sapphire of CJF2114.BA0576 doesn't have it.

For the exact dimensions in comparison to the CJF2110.BA0576 are the same :

42mm diameter, 46mm diameter with crown, 48mm height, 16mm thickness.

Greeting we remember that are here for every explanation.

Regards.

Mahler

Edited by MAHLER

Considering that the A/R coatings is object of a lot of discussions,

I have asked an official explanation to the Tag-Heuer and also

the exact dimensions of the CJF2114.BA0576...

this is the reply mail of Tag-Heuer :

Regards.

Mahler

Neil also said that it doesn't have AR but yhanks for the "official" confirmation. Yeah, the dial and crystal are quite reflective but IMO it's part of this watch's appeal. It's one of the trickiest watch to photograph though. I gotta try and shoot a few new pics of it one of these days.

Talking of the bracelet, I brought this issue up in my earlier (crappier) thread regarding this same watch. There is one screw-bar in the bracelet holding the claps/flip-lock section, and I advise any owner of one of these reps to remove this screw and reset it using thread-lock as otherwise the movement of the flip-lock when putting on/taking off the watch will eventually loosen the screw. At best you will lose the screw and at worst the watch will come off your wrist and hit the floor.

If you are unfortunate enough to lose the screw then visit your local opticians and ask for a selection of screws for holding nose-pads onto wire-frame spectacles. You will probably have to shorten the replacement but one will fit.

Thank You.... very good info....

I wouldn't have noticed those screws at all... they are now at a constant watch till i can get my hands on some thread-lock.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank You.... very good info....

I wouldn't have noticed those screws at all... they are now at a constant watch till i can get my hands on some thread-lock.

I have this watch from Andrew... beautiful watch. I know this might be a dumb question, but what it "thread lock"??? I can see the clasp on mine is loose so I tighted it... is there something else I should do? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
GENUINE CJF2114

Case in glazed steel with shiny bezel

Crown screwed and protected.

Back screwed.

Glass sapphire domed.

Blue quadrant.

Hands with form of baton and luminescents.

Geometric indexes with luminescent point.

Times crono to 6.

Continuous seconds to 9.

Minute crono to 12.

Datestamp to 3.

Tachymetre on the bezel.

Minuts on the rehaut.

Movement Eta VALJOUX 7750 (caliber Tag-Heuer 16)

Dimensions :

Thickness 16 mm

Diameter with crown 46 mm/without crown 43 mm

Height 48mm

General weight : 186 grams

REPLICA CJF2114

Case in glazed steel with shiny bezel

Crown screwed and protected.

Back screwed.

Glass sapphire domed.

Blue quadrant.

Hands with form of baton and luminescents.

Geometric indexes.

Times crono to 6.

Continuous seconds to 9.

Minute crono to 12.

Datestamp to 3.

Tachymetre on the bezel.

Minuts on the rehaut.

Movement Asian VALJOUX 7750

Dimensions :

Thickness 15,58 mm

Diameter Bezel 40,62 mm

Diameter with crown 46,57 mm/without crown 43 mm

Height 49,30mm

General weight : 193 grams

Genuine Tag-Senna, sorry for the quality of the pics but

I have enlarged this with Photozoom Professional because the original pics are small...

In the Genuine is not present the A/R...

128580-19857.jpg

128580-19858.jpg

128580-19859.jpg

This watch looks GREAT, except for the date font in some of the pictures is just horrendous. . . . I think it was the numbers 9 and 21 in the brushed case models on the first page that were absurd. Are some of the numbers really that bad, or am I just seeing things that aren't really there? :blink:

I guess it's not a huge deal to me if it's really just an issue with the brushed case models, because I REALLY like this watch in black dial Senna version!

Tjabo

Edited by Tjabo

This watch looks GREAT, except for the date font in some of the pictures is just horrendous. . . . I think it was the numbers 9 and 21 in the brushed case models on the first page that were absurd. Are some of the numbers really that bad, or am I just seeing things that aren't really there? :blink:

You are right that the first version of the Link Chrono had a rather bad date font, looked like some homemade "Times new Roman" datewheel...

But the latest version is way better. You can easily distinguish between version 1 and 2 by looking at the subdial@9.. 2006 Version has a bigger subdial@9. :)

• 3 months later...
The gen Link chronographs use quartz, ETA 7750 and El Primero.

The model line starts from Link Quartz chronograph, then Link Automatic Chronograph (ETA Valjoux 7750)... and Calibre 36 (the top model) uses Zenith El Primero.

PS: Thanks all for your comments, appreciated!

I HAVE READ YOUR REVIEW AND BOUGHT ONE FROM PT AS YOU RECOMMENDED.YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT BUYING FROM HIM IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE UK,I ASKED HIM TO RE-SIZE THE WATCH FOR ME BECAUSE OF AN INJURY TO MY RIGHT HAND,NO PROBLEM HE DID IT FOR ME AND NO CHARGE.DELIVERY WAS TWO DAYS FROM ORDERING ALL IN ALL A FIRST CLASS DEALER WHO I SHALL USE AGAIN.

COULD YOU TELL ME,DOES THE WATCH NEED A SERVICE OILING ETC? AND ONE FINAL POINT,MY WATCH KEEPS MISTING UP INSIDE THE DIAL,AND THATS AFTER WEARING THE WATCH FOR TWO DAYS,SO IT SHOULD HAVE REACHED AN BALANCED TEMP.I COULD UNDERSTAND WHEN I FIRST WORE IT.ANY IDEAS?

You haven't worn it while showering, I hope?

No nothing silly like that,I have six other watches and I have never had a problem like this before.It looks like I will have to send it back for servicing by PT the dealer that I bought it from,its going to turn out an expensive watch for me.

Very nice Calibre 36 Iceberg. I really like the glass back... to have a look at the mighty EL. Yours the TAG flagship model, I wouldn't mind owning one, either.

Post some more pics of it if you have a chance. :)

• 2 weeks later...
just placed an order for one of these beauties, will get pics up as soon as it's here :)

just got mine now :)

first impressions....wow! it's my first rep, i saw the gen two days ago - i need to go back and compare soon :)

quick pics as I need to go out, will get some more up when I learn how to use the camera <_<

pics don't do it justice!

206075-507.jpg

206075-508.jpg