When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Of Tag Link Automatic Chronograph 7750

By-Tor

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

by-tor - did you get yours serviced?

Nope. It's been working flawlessly since July. Very accurate, no problems at all.

However I'm planning to service it eventually after a few years...

do you mind if I PM you a few questions?

As someone who gets up to 20 PMs a day from complete strangers, may I ask you this? Why PM one person when asking the entire forum will get you better answers faster?

I get asked about stuff I don't know, and in several (well, two) languages, and it's part of what happens when you post a lot, but I feel that most of the time the questions would be much better served by asking the community. I mean I sometimes get asked which is better, Josh's or Trusty's, where anyone that knows me would know those dealers wouldn't [censored] on me if I were on fire, making it very difficult to motivate me to help their sales.

The other thing, now I'm ranting, is location. If you want to ask me about dealers, tell me where you are. Not your street or even city, but your country will do. I'm not in the US, By-Tor's not in the US, and several other prolific posters are not in the US, and assuming we are is actually insulting. Sure, we're thick skinned and don't really get insulted over it, but one day someone might.

So, I don't know if By-Tor would mind, but before you do PM him, ask yourself if he truly is the only one that can answer your question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here. I am located in the US and am going to purchase this watch from PT. Someone mentioned on here earlier that there might be a duty fee for having it shipped from the UK.

Can anyone explain or comment on how to get around it or how much it will cost?

By-Tor, great review. I have read many of your reviews and I am quite impressed.

Thanks for the time and effort you put forth in doing this.

Hi, I am new here. I am located in the US and am going to purchase this watch from PT. Someone mentioned on here earlier that there might be a duty fee for having it shipped from the UK.

Can anyone explain or comment on how to get around it or how much it will cost?

By-Tor, great review. I have read many of your reviews and I am quite impressed.

Thanks for the time and effort you put forth in doing this.

Thanks for the compliments.

It's highly unlikely that there will be ANY customs issues between the UK and US. I've never heard of any. PT will take care of you... buy with confidence.

• 1 month later...

Just got mine.

Overall impresed with the watch... Its my first rep, i think the only dissapointment ive had so far is the band, it just seems like some of the links offer a very large air gap between them. (where the > inserts into the next link). The gen didnt have this irregular gap.

I still need to get the band resized. Should i worry aobut taking it to a watch store? will they call me out or confiscate the fake?

I also got it started without hand winding, and so far it seems pretty quiet.

Ill work on getting them when i get home, but im traveling to Puerto Rico next week and ive got alot to get in order.

I was also surprised, the watch appeared drop shipped from china, i was expecting PT to ship from UK, but ill double check when I get home (the watch wasn't in the packaging long)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

No it didn't have any AR coating. The trick to avoid reflection is in the correct lightbox studio settings. TAG Link (without AR and mirror-like bezel) must be one of the toughest watches to photograph.

No it didn't have any AR coating. The trick to avoid reflection is in the correct lightbox studio settings. TAG Link (without AR and mirror-like bezel) must be one of the toughest watches to photograph.

Well you sir are a better photographer then I. I have trouble with my SMP and Explorer II. :wounded1: Thanks By-Tor, I think I am going to get the Link, despite my love for the Chronomat EVO.

Edited by Mercury