When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Of Tag Link Automatic Chronograph 7750

By-Tor

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello to everyone.

I've just ordered my New Tag Heuer Link Chrono from Mary.

She sent me the pictures some days later. So I'm pretty exited. It's cool.

So there are some photos i got from her.

I almost ordered the same watch from Mary as well, but ended up with the Omega Planet Ocean.

Well i think this might be on my short list. Post some pics when you get it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got a black Tag Link Chrono with the Asian 7750 about 2.5 years ago and have started having a problem with the chrono function lately (or it might be that I've always had this problem as I don't recall ever having used the chrono function before).

After starting the chrono sometimes the chronograph second hand (the big one centered on the face) stops either at the 25 or 40s position and as a result the non chrono second hand stops as well. Usually a smack to the watch gets it going again and all is well. The weird thing is I notice that this only happens when the watch face is at a certain angle with respect to the ground, when it's nearly parallel with the ground but almost never happens when it's perpendicular. I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and what solutions there are other than "don't use the chrono".

P.S ... how many turns of the crown does it take to fully wind the spring from a dead stop ? I usually turn it 15-20 times once it's dead and it goes for about 36-48 hours before it dies again on the table.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the great review By-Tor!

I am surprised to see that so many people have commented and purchased this watch, while no one spotted one obvious giveaway. On the 9'o clock sub-dial the GEN markers relative to 20/40/60 are just a bit shorter than others (relative to where 10/30/40/50 would be standing). On the rep the noted three markers are longer than they should be (equal to 10/30 etc markers).

See it yourself, pics of the gen:

102175-25975.jpg

102175-25975_zoom.jpg

And same of the rep:

dial_reflect.jpg

dial_reflect_zoom.jpg

To be completely fair, the "long" 20/40/60 markings are still correct for current black and white versions (but were not correct for any of the "2006" versions, for example search the google for images on "CJF2110.BA0576" and look for a pic of "tachymetre on bezel" version). However as both the black and white reps lack the silver "circles" around the subdials compared to the gen, the only conclusion is that every version has its own visible flaws.

One more observation, based on the pictures it would seem that all the "minor" markers on the three sub-dials look a bit "thicker" and more highlighted on the rep than on a gen, which would be +1 on the inaccuracies. So overall, IMHO By-Tor was right to put "Aquaracer" above the "Link" on his list of best Tag reps.

Not to be misunderstood, I believe that Link is still one excellent rep, in fact I have ordered and waiting for one at the moment. Aquaracer was unfortunately too big for my small 6.3" wrist so I had to settle with Link :)

Thanks for the great review By-Tor!

I am surprised to see that so many people have commented and purchased this watch, while no one spotted one obvious giveaway. On the 9'o clock sub-dial the GEN markers relative to 20/40/60 are just a bit shorter than others (relative to where 10/30/40/50 would be standing). On the rep the noted three markers are longer than they should be (equal to 10/30 etc markers).

Good observations. But you have to remember that this review was written 4 years ago. Link Chrono was among the very first "super reps". This watch was very popular and the standards were completely different back then.

People have been spoiled with so many excellent reps after that, and the obsession about miniscule flaws (that you just decribed) has gone completely out of whack. The great build quality of this rep makes you forget such things in a second.

Not to be misunderstood, I believe that Link is still one excellent rep, in fact I have ordered and waiting for one at the moment. Aquaracer was unfortunately too big for my small 6.3" wrist so I had to settle with Link :)

Aquaracer is very nice rep and you're right... it wears HUGE. I prefer the smaller version which I compared to the rep here:

PS: Thanks for the compliments. Glad you liked the article. :)

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...