When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can Ziggy or someone else modd the AP Barrichello Plate

Guest nikos1978

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the movement

i think that the factory copy the forst movmnet

but the correct is the second movement

what do you think????

You are right, the decoration now is wrong

I hope somebody or the factory himself will make a new dummy plate with dummy screw and dummy gears. I think this should be possible but I'm not 100% sure. Problem is if the barrichello know will sell good they won't update it. If it sell's bad like the first rosegold rubberclad they will update it I guess

Edited by veyron

I think Francisco chirped in on one of these threads, he seems to think he could make a realistic looking decal. But he also said he would look into maybe trying a real gear shaved down to sit on the top plate.

Think he could be the man to talk to on this, from what I have heard Ziggy is up to his ears in work at the moment.

Guest nikos1978

if anyone know well davidjen

can tell him if he can copy 10 or more pieces of plate like the second photo????

i think that maybe it is final one very easy fix

post-11026-1238021910_thumb.jpg

post-11026-1238021984_thumb.jpg

I don't think it is quite that easy Nickos, the top plate is obviously there for a reason or it wouldn't be there at all! Now they have to look at whether altering that plate to the level you are asking will effect the job the plate is there to do?!

If you just calm down a bit on this and wait, I'm sure someone will come up with something, this is not a quick fixer!

Oh, and no, Francisco didn't tell me he could make a new plate and put a screw in it, he said it may be possible to make a decal, that is a picture that would be laid over the top of the plate.

Have you actually seen pics of this rep up close or handled it? Someone would have to have your wrist at their nose to notice that you didn't have 2mm of a 5mm gear poking through a hole in the dial of your watch!!

I am here :rolleyes:

I think you can help me to decide if it is possible or not. ;)

This is a summary of my review of the AP seconds at 12 movement:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Close-Inspection-Mecha-t78001.html

SUMMARY:

Hands are dial are removed:

img2125jo6.jpg

A first very thin plate appears. It is not screwed, only fastened by the pins of the dial. I cannot find the function of this plate.

OK. SO WE CAN DRILL THIS PLATE

We remove it and a second plate appears.

img2127in0.jpg

THE PROBLEM BEGINS HERE... IF YOU MAKE A HOLE...YOU HAVE TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE JEWELS.. THE PINS/BUTTONS THAT FASTEN THE GEARS.. THE TWO CENTRAL SCREWS...

Five screws have to be removed, 2 central and 3 external. Second plate is removed.

img2129hf1.jpg

BE CAREFUL WITH THE SILVER GEAR. IT IS THE MOTION OF THE SECONDS AT 12 OF THE WATCH. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM THERE THE WATHC WILL STOP... AND THIS IS THE WORST PART IN THE MOD..(read my review for more details)

So..I think it is not possible..well everything is possible..but so difficult.

Francisco.

Guest nikos1978

A first very thin plate appears. It is not screwed, only fastened by the pins of the dial. I cannot find the function of this plate.

i want only to dremel the first plate

and nothing more

Thanks Francisco ....From this it seems that the top plate has no function......so should be ok to put movement decals/stickers on this plate and have some gears showing thru the dial.

I am sure there is no problem to put a opaque decal there... for example, see my tuto about the Spanish flag on a HBB:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Spanish-flag-FEF-Hublo-t89270.html

You can print on the decal what you want..however...do we have good pictures of the gen? will it look good enough? it is just a decal...

A picture of the gen follows:

APCAPRB2LNIB5xx.jpg

Francisco.

i want only to dremel the first plate

and nothing more

I think there is no problem....

does anybody see any problem in drilling this plate?

Francisco