When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R 02-92 or 03-92? Advice / opinion needed

PAMman

I have just sold my genuine B&R 03-94 (the chrono) and I want to buy a B&R rep to replace it. If I go for the 02 it will be an ETA version, but I'm not sure about the 03. I seem to remember a post where someone referred to a difficulty with the ETA version of the non-chrono 01 or 03 - the post wasn't tall enough for the hands to sit properly or something like that. I really liked the gen 03 and the rep appears to be an accurate replication. However there doesn't seem to be much in terms of reviews on the forum.

I have seen only good reports on the 02-92 but I wonder if anyone could share their experience of the 03-92 please. Photos and reliability reports etc appreciated.

I can't comment on the true ETA versions but my 1st B&R 03 had a 4813 movement (they all come with short handstacks I beleive ) in it but due to the screws on the dial the hr hand kept fouling on it & got so bad that the hr hand actually fell off the stem.

That one went back & was replaced with the 2813 version & in 8 months it has never missed a beat, so as far as I can recommend the asian 2813 is the way to go

only problem I've ever had was the 3 month wait for B&R to send me a green nylon strap :)