When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 253 Comparison Review

plaifender

Excellent comparison P. There's quite a few things that i learned right there! :)

Hope you don't mind me posting a few quick and dirty shots of my 253 for further information.

Just to keep the 253 comparison thread in one.

S5001042-1.jpg

S5001043-1.jpg

S5001044-1.jpg

S5001045-1.jpg

glad it served to help someone! Looks like you have a new V4 correct? Who did the needle mod for you? looks great. the numbers on your v4 look even skinnier than my v3... The crowngaurd looks almost spot on though! wish i could swap my cg for a v4 but apparently not compatible.... :(

Hi

Well i never knew that there were 4 versions out! I used to have a "v3" which i though was a v1, and this current one I thought was a v2 lol.

Yes the numbers are superskinny, though when i relumed the dial, i tried to correct this, but it turned out to be very difficult to make fatter without losing the sharp straight edges.

The chrono needle was painted by Francisco...

I will do the hotglue CG mod soon, and reshape the lever slightly

:)

Hi

Well i never knew that there were 4 versions out! I used to have a "v3" which i though was a v1, and this current one I thought was a v2 lol.

Yes the numbers are superskinny, though when i relumed the dial, i tried to correct this, but it turned out to be very difficult to make fatter without losing the sharp straight edges.

The chrono needle was painted by Francisco...

I will do the hotglue CG mod soon, and reshape the lever slightly

:)

Yes there are 4 versions! the dealers don't help with the confusion. The model you have is usually listed as a "V3 Ultimate" on the dealer sites, but the truth is that it's a completely different watch from a completely different factory than the previous V3. The V3 and V4 both have the sans-serif "1" on the 3'oclock subdial. meaning that the number "1" is just a straight line as per gen. The V1 and V2 have a serif font which looks like this a traditional "1".

Great looking watch. I will be updating everyone in the next couple weeks with info about the Sapphire crystal project. We will be moving to the official get-her-done phase of people having to decide on whether to commit to buy. Looks like we've finally found a factory that can do a sapphire crystal for us with single-AR (as per gen) for a good price. Stay tuned :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the awesome work that you have done here my friend,very Informative Indeed. :good: I love my 253,flaws and all. Hope one day to have a saphire crystal,Im afraid to wear mine as It is. I scratched the crystal about a year ago,took forever to remove. I used Maguiars plastx scratch remover,excellent product.:) Mike

Thanks for the awesome work that you have done here my friend,very Informative Indeed. :good: I love my 253,flaws and all. Hope one day to have a saphire crystal,Im afraid to wear mine as It is. I scratched the crystal about a year ago,took forever to remove. I used Maguiars plastx scratch remover,excellent product.:) Mike

thanks bro.

So Maguiar's works? Any pics of the results?

• 7 months later...