When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Introductory Experience

krpster

Hello RWG,

I just want to start off by saying thanks to all, from the noobs (like me) to the experts alike. It is the contributions of all that make this such a great community and an awesome place to learn.

I have always had a fascination with watches. Over the years I have owned some real keepers (an early casio calculator watch, a scrolling dot matrix display watch, a timex ironman of course, and the list goes on) up to now where my collection is made up of descent pieces that, for lack of a better expression, serve their purpose. It was not until recently that I expanded my view to the next level. I had my eye on several watches (Breitling SA, Omega PO and PO chrono, etc) until I saw the Breitling Superocean Heritage. :wub: I knew that one day I would have to have one. Then I discovered RWG and that day came much sooner then I thought....

After many weeks of reading, learning, searching and waiting my opportunity finally came. In the trade section an all Black V1 Superocean Heritage with ETA 2824-2 and with not just one...but two straps (Ocean racer and an SS mesh) was up for grabs! :Jumpy: Needless to say I was in there like the flash! So the transaction was made (extra thanks to mastmampf for a great deal) and all I could do was wait.... :whistling:

Well, the trip from Germany to Canada was made in record time (4 days door to door) and my new baby was home!

Please forgive the picture quality as my point and shoot camera leaves something to be desired.

The delivery is made and I brought the package inside...

DSC01497.jpg

I open it up to find....packaging

DSC01499.jpg

Carefully remove the contents...even more packaging (kudos to mastmampf for the extra care in packing it up safely for the journey! :good: )

DSC01500.jpg

Almost there....

DSC01504.jpg

At this point I need a break as I am getting too excited...fuel required :drinks:

DSC01505.jpg

Finally the contents! You can't tell from these pictures but this thing is virtually new! Not a mark anywhere. Beautiful!!!!!

DSC01507.jpg

Tough choice but I decide to go with the Ocean Racer first...

DSC01510.jpg

Here is a rear view of caseback and OR strap

DSC01586.jpg

Overall I am extremely happy with the aquisition. I know that there are some minor issues with accuracy on the V1 but I love it just the same. Maybe someday I will make some changes but for now it is good for me. However, upon close inspection of the watch I did note that one of the battons at 12 o'clock was misaligned. Again refering to the wealth of information here I took it upon myself to make the required "adjustment". Got the case back open (duct tape ball), pulled the movement/dial out and tweaked the batton with the eraser of a pencil. Gave the batton a wipe with lense cleaning paper, gave the entire face a good blast with air and reassembled the "machine". Perfect!

Here is my attempt at some "artistic" shots :rolleyes:

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

Since getting it I have worn it everyday. I get nothing but great comments on it...even from my dearest wife. Truly a stunner...the watch boys..the watch (wife goes without saying ;) )

I have been tracking the accuracy on a spreadsheet I created and it is at about +4 seconds per day and crown down overnight yields about -2 sec so overall it is giving me a +2 per 24 hrs! :good: Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Anyway I just thought I would share my great experience with the community. Thanks to RWG I have my grail and a new habbit that I fear is going to absorb a fair amount of my free capital..starting with my donation to the cause. Thanks gang!

Congratz on your first rep,very nice indeed. It sounds to me that you did everything that was suggested. Took your time and did plenty of reading and research. To become familiar with ones surroundings is a must. A good example of what to do. Wear it well :) Mike

Thanks all for the kind words.

Mighty fine packing to top it all off.... You can safely send eggs in that type of packing

For sure. I couldn't beleive it as I opened layer after layer. Made for more excitement and anticipation.

Nice acquisition and welcome to RWG. Keep your hand on your wallet!

Gonna be tough!

:drinks: