When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1655 RE~Done

lanikai

@ just as good .. man where do you dig up these treasures.. .. I have not forgotten your Habanos... the whole chest needs to be humidified.. it was a drier winter than I expected.. soon my friend..

No worries, the pool is still too cold to enjoy just yet......however, I will say that I have a nice spot already picked out for my first heavenly draw...... :good:

You can't install the overlay because of the extra gear for the GMT function. The overlay jams up against the gear...so no overlay is possible unless the overlay is the same ID and OD as the original DW.

RG

Yep The Zigmeister tried an overlay with my 1655, wasn't in the cards!

Nice improvements R, a better font ETA dw will be your best bet. I had to settle for the stock dw as well.

DSCN4548c.jpg

Yep Ziggy tried an overlay with my 1655, wasn't in the cards!

Nice improvements R, a better font ETA dw will be your best bet. I had to settle for the stock dw as well.

DSCN4548c.jpg

I have a better font DW from another one of the 1655 (2836-2) .. I will attempt sometime to 'remove' it myself .. to take another frequent flier trip .. when the Zig's Spa spa has room ... but for now.. I am truly enjoying Ziggy's art and work on the 1655.. thank you Ziggy once again for your patience with all my parts errors.. :p

:whistling:

:ph34r:

picture12u.png

Check out that rail dial suckers, bwahahaha......owwww, must be careful not to pull those pesky stitches in my back :unsure:

Told ya Delta !!! ;)

And mind you ... Doc never told me... doc is not one to suffer the Agony... :lol:

As soon as I read his Post of woe..... well,... nuff said.. :victory:

Justasgood Posted Today, 05:15 AM

@ just as good .. man where do you dig up these treasures.. .. I have not forgotten your Habanos... the whole chest needs to be humidified.. it was a drier winter than I expected.. soon my friend..

No worries, the pool is still too cold to enjoy just yet......however, I will say that I have a nice spot already picked out for my first heavenly draw......

If you knew how I treat these vitola's... they are in place of the plants I 'Used" to grow... :brow:

I feel like the bezel on rep 1655s could benefit from a stripping/repainting.

most gens have narrow numbers, while the rep bezels seem to have fat numbers.

check out the gen...

1655.jpg

as for smokes you cant go wrong with a

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2051/209703...0cd11b0.jpg?v=0

or a couple of

http://www.memoirsofacigar.com/wp-content/...88fd54e215.jpeg

cant forget the

http://www.elpalaciodehierro.com.mx/wcssto...3_15377052P.jpg

@porsche

the genuines with the thinner fonts are replacement bezels from the Rolex service centers ..

the original bezels had the thicker fonts .. I had a thinner font initially.. but chose to go with the more accurate thicker one .. as was released with the genuine

Habanos SA ... Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramone Allones Special Select.. one of my favs..

@lan

that solves it then because i had seen some gens (or watches said to be gens :o) with the fat #s but more gens with the skinnies.

yah i love those cigars mentioned, the h.upmann mag 46, rass, psd4, sig III are my go-to's.

partagas lonsdales and shorts are great, boli pcs are good, ERDM choix are soooo good during the day...

get at a lancero or a trini if you have a local shop nearby where you can buy habano singles.

@lan

that solves it then because i had seen some gens (or watches said to be gens :o) with the fat #s but more gens with the skinnies.

yah i love those cigars mentioned, the h.upmann mag 46, rass, psd4, sig III are my go-to's.

partagas lonsdales and shorts are great, boli pcs are good, ERDM choix are soooo good during the day...

get at a lancero or a trini if you have a local shop nearby where you can buy habano singles.

yes.. the font baffles me (probably jus me) .. so a good amount of time researching led to the obvious.. (hind sight is 20/20) the the service centers used thinner fonts on the 'replacement bezels' and it's obvious that the bezel with the thinner font looks 'newr' as far as wear and tear..

my favs depends on time allowed to enjoy. I like ma big sticks.. all aged

RA DC's

Partagas Lusitania

Boli Gigantes

Don Alejandro

Punch DC

Punch Churchill

One of the best Hoyo DC's

Pretty much all the different vitolas.. PC's ... Robustos.. Pyramids,.. Torpedoes.. have some special rolled Pyrimids.. in the cohiba Parti .. Romeo J. line Cohiba's, but only with at least 5 to 7 years on them.. otherwise.. no taste..

San Cristobal.. fo sure..

Diademas .. Salamones .. minimum 7 years..

Gloria Cubana 1999's Esquisitos..

cannot forget the Parti's .. D4 and P2

Monte C. #2,..5..

Trinidads..

nuff already..... I need to sleep.. had a Trinidad Reyes.. early morning smoke.. finished this afternoon off with a Partagas Churchill Deluxe 1999

edit add: I am in the USA .. where these are considered 'Contraband' ... so if you are with customs...jus kidding.. :unsure: .. I don't really smoke Cigars.. :p