When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

serpente 2.0 snakeskin strap prototype

donerix

Wow....this looks super cool and a bit slimy at the same time :p

Where did you get one of these

I made it. I bought a whole snakeskin a few days ago. It feels super smooth...

The pictures don't really do it justice. I will try to take some better ones tomorrow in better light

Guest carlsbadrolex

I like it alot... From someone who dabbled in strap making for a very short time I am sure that was not the easiest thing to work with. Especially rolling the edges that perfectly!

VERY NICE WORK!!!

I like it alot... From someone who dabbled in strap making for a very short time I am sure that was not the easiest thing to work with. Especially rolling the edges that perfectly!

VERY NICE WORK!!!

Is anyone else having a problem viewing this pic?

I am... ;)

when u'll be ready to sell them i'm already in line to get one :)

congrats, very escellent work

Dave I am almost ready to start making them for resale, I just want to work out the kinks first on my own straps, so once I will make them for other people they are as good as possible.

I am thinking of doing it on a per order basis where I show the samples and each customer can then select his size.

What do you think? Considering I can only make so many straps per week/month (still have a restaurant to run and try to get at least 3 hours of sleep at night).

How much you think I can charge per strap?

I was looking around and really had a hard time finding comparable handmade straps (at least in exotic materials) and places like ABP are super expensive.

I was thinking to ask for $95 per strap (paypaled and shipped). I am working on some nice packaging (tropical hardwood case with a little fabric strap bag inside).

Thank you for your feedback...

Dave I am almost ready to start making them for resale, I just want to work out the kinks first on my own straps, so once I will make them for other people they are as good as possible.

I am thinking of doing it on a per order basis where I show the samples and each customer can then select his size.

What do you think? Considering I can only make so many straps per week/month (still have a restaurant to run and try to get at least 3 hours of sleep at night).

How much you think I can charge per strap?

I was looking around and really had a hard time finding comparable handmade straps (at least in exotic materials) and places like ABP are super expensive.

I was thinking to ask for $95 per strap (paypaled and shipped). I am working on some nice packaging (tropical hardwood case with a little fabric strap bag inside).

Thank you for your feedback...

i love it!

at that price i believe you will get action! get that order book ready. :p

for me, living in a 4 season part of the world, that strap brings a summer vibe for sure! - also kinda got a aerosmith feel to it..rockn'roll as previously stated!

I would be very interested in purchasing one of these awsome straps. Do you know what would be cool, very cool? No mike what would that be? ;) I think a buckle that looked like a snakes head would be all kinds of Rockin Roll. Just a thought B) Mike

I would be very interested in purchasing one of these awsome straps. Do you know what would be cool, very cool? No mike what would that be? ;) I think a buckle that looked like a snakes head would be all kinds of Rockin Roll. Just a thought B) Mike

I agree with the snakehead idea. In general I would say that the buckles haven't received enough attention yet. There should be more variety.

It's a shame I don't know a metal worker that could this kind of work. Well I will do some research, maybe I find something to go with my straps.

Wanted to thank all of you guys: this place is great, people are really supportive and one can get lost for hours in the incredible stream of information in the forums.

I agree with the snakehead idea. In general I would say that the buckles haven't received enough attention yet. There should be more variety.

It's a shame I don't know a metal worker that could this kind of work. Well I will do some research, maybe I find something to go with my straps.

Wanted to thank all of you guys: this place is great, people are really supportive and one can get lost for hours in the incredible stream of information in the forums.

I wish you will with this strap endevor. I think your realy on to something. The Serpente straps are kick ass to be sure. If you could find someone to work with you on a design for a buckle, well who knows? :g: Best of luck :drinks: Mike

• 4 weeks later...