When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prosecutorial malfeasance

Nanuq

If Mississippi wore her New Jersey, what would Delaware? Idaho, Alaska.

In similar news.... http://www.homertribune.com/article.php?aid=3941

Only in Alaska.

eagles.jpg

Do you ever wake up on a Saturday, hung-over, and think; "Oh sh*t, oh, man, I logged onto RWG last night, that much I do remember". Then you gingerly check your own profile for 'Content/Posts'. It's usually pretty embarrassing. Yeah, I see this in my near future. G'night Gracie.

Do you ever wake up on a Saturday, hung-over, and think; "Oh sh*t, oh, man, I logged onto RWG last night, that much I do remember". Then you gingerly check your own profile for 'Content/Posts'. It's usually pretty embarrassing. Yeah, I see this in my near future. G'night Gracie.

This guy did:

Man With Complete Mama's Family Video Library Never Going On eBay Drunk Again

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39045

This guy did:

Man With Complete Mama's Family Video Library Never Going On eBay Drunk Again

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39045

OMG! That is too hilarious! Totally something I would have done in my younger days, BK (before kids). The look on that guy's face. "I'm partway through the first episode.................." Priceless!

Purdy sure I was drunk when I chanced that 116520 sec@6 Daytona that crapped out. Stupid Crown Royal!

On the bright side, as drunken indiscretions go, no [censored]-up rep purchase ever gave me the clap.

True dat. Someday I'll have to post the story of how I wound up driving a couple of hookers around the Mission District waiting for the cops to leave. :p

That's why my password is the complete text from the fourth soliloquy from Hamlet:

"O, my offence is rank it smells to heaven...etc. etc.

Try remembering that when your mashed!

Oops now you know my password. Time to change it now.

Now what did I do with my copy of War & Peace?

BOT

Stevens exonerated. What the heck was going on up there Bob? Did the entire "Duke University Lacrosse Rape" District Attorney prosecution team get sent up to AK in the wake of that fiasco or what?

Some heads are going to roll over this one. Nuts!

Dems, this case was actually brought in WaDC court. Now there's talk of the pantywaist Begich forfeiting his "win" over Stevens since the Feds basically stole one of our Rights by their actions/influence in the election.

Talk about your conspiracy theories, where would the country be right now if The Hulk was still in office going toe to toe with BHO?

Of course the pundits here are having a field day with it!

Yeah, prosecutorial misconduct is disgusting. However, that doesn't make Stevens innocent. There is enough public evidence that was not in dispute to convict him. Much like Nixon in 1972, these US attorneys didn't need to cheat. Maybe now that the DOJ is under new management, some of the incompetence will be removed.

Much like Nixon in 1972, these US attorneys didn't need to cheat.

Hmmmm, yeah. As US Attorneys, you can't say they are 'stupid' because they 'do' stupid. You don't get to those appointments by being dumb. Stupid is as stupid does unless it is deliberate. So, here's a conspiracy theory; "Deliberate Mistrial by way of Incompetence" ?

Well, I really can't enter into this discussion properly. I'm not aware of the particulars in the case. Alaska, like Hawaii is not as much a US State as it seems to be a 'territory'. There really isn't much mainstream media attention spent on issues of either. Let the Alaskans sort it out. They always have.

Somehow, someway it's gotta be Palin's fault. :D

Truer words have never been spoken. The online version of the "newspaper" here is flooded daily with nothing but posts about how much "everyone" hates Sarah. It's visceral. And yet, over 60% here think she's doing a GREAT job. I can see one reason for the online disparity of opinion, but I don't need to go there.

Facts about the Stevens debacle: Allen agreed to an amount of work, and said it would cost $80k. Stevens paid $80k. Labor cost overruns ran it out to over $200k and Stevens asked repeatedly, in writing, referencing ethics laws, for updated billing to make it square. No replies from Allen.

More facts: Stevens' property valuation before the remodel was "x". He paid "y" dollars for the remodel. When it was complete the Municipality of Anchorage reappraised the property for tax purposes, and came up with "z" dollars. And their independent valuation was "X" + "Y". The Muni is legally bound to make fair market value appraisals and whatever they say it's worth, it's worth... and you're taxed on that amount. Bottom line, the city says Stevens paid the right amount.

More facts: Allen was living in the cabin a lot more than Stevens. New furniture and a new grille were brought in, over Stevens' objection. He liked his old stuff. Who was the beneficiary if Allen was living there?

More facts: Stevens got a Land Rover in trade for a vintage Mustang and cash. Stevens believed that to be a fair trade and that's not reportable to the DOJ.

More facts: Stevens paid five bills for work on the project. Allen oversaw the work and billed Stevens, but withheld some of the charges. This wasn't trying to help Stevens but because the bills were excessive or because the work was not done right.

Bottom line... this is why the fed brought the case in WaDC. People here in town know these facts and that Stevens is NOT guilty. He got screwed and Begich was elected and we now have no representation in Washington. Begich will do whatever Pelosi and Reid say, and forget the constituents.

Conspiracy theories, Dems? How about this one: reverse the election results, keeping Stevens "The Hulk" in the Senate. Obama comes up with these hare-brained spending plans, and Stevens confronts him because he's the only one in the senate with the balls to do it. Obama screams like a little girl, changes his mind, and the country saves, oh, ten TRILLION dollars.

The man got screwed, and so did the entire state of Alaska. Likely, the country and the next couple generations too. This is way, way, way bigger than it appears.