When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Review of the New Omega Chrono Movement

We are going to review the new Omega chrono movement.

img1946l.jpg

img1976.jpg

After removing the case back we check that an Asian 7750 has been employed for this modification.

img1978.jpg

The first visible problem with this modification is that the chrono pushers are not placed in the correct position. Here the difference is shown:

comp.jpg

As previous picture shows, the pushers are one minute up and down in the rep. This happens because the movement that Omega employs is not based on the 7750, and the pushers are in a different place. Therefore, all Omega reps will have this flaw, all.

Francisco thank you for this review! It seems strange that they don't put a jewel under the gear, but they always put one on the top plate. Putting a jewel under the gear is such a simple solution to make it an even better movement but they choose to skeletonise the gear instead!?

Hopefully the increased friction caused by this will be minimal and it's good to hear that you think it's more reliable than both the AP and the Porto!

AWESOME!!! Once again, another fantastic technical post, and one I'm sure will sell a lot of watches with the confidence that the movement is more reliable.

Difficulty in assembly is a shame...but I know the talent we have here that are up to the challenge. Thanks for this.

:notworthy: MASTER!

Thanks for doing the write-up. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Now they need to use this movement in a rep I actually like ;)

* It is a movement that it is very hard to assemble, problematic, it tends to stop if everything is not perfectly assembled. I think that the origin of the problem is the very short pins of the two floors gears. However, if it works well at the beginning it should be reliable.

I guess the first plate was hardest to assemble right?

Exelent and informative post, Thank you for the work you have done on our behalf. I hope that the sellers also thank you becase a yes or no from you or Ziggy and mean the difference between lots of sales or not.

Exelent and informative post, Thank you for the work you have done on our behalf. I hope that the sellers also thank you becase a yes or no from you or The Zigmeister and mean the difference between lots of sales or not.

I doubt the sellers would ever do such a thing, they want us to think that all the modded movements are great, same as gen. I am sure they are still [censored] about the reviews of the "new improved" Daytona and IWC movement.

I am sure they are still [censored] about the reviews of the "new improved" Daytona and IWC movement.

Not [censored] off enough to affect the bottom line though, I doubt. Remember...the fact of the matter is, watches sold from people on the forum are likely in the vast minority to those sold in TOTAL. So...if sales are still decent for crappy movements with Daytonas and Portugueses from sources outside the forum to make up for those lost inside the forum, there's no reason to create a new movement.

If dealers stop carrying watches because they're getting too many complaints and that affects the bottom line, then there's cause to rethink the movement.

Thanks again for writing this up!!

Andreww had a good question. How clean/dirty/dry was this movement compared to the standard A7750?

Thanks a lot for this review! Great stuff! :)

There has been quite a few modified movements based on the 7750, including the "seconds@3", 7753, and 7751 version used in the Speedmaster day-date.

I remember the "7753" modification to be well executed, with jewels? At least my Blackbird is working well.