When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Avenger Skyland Blacksteels!

Clerek

So I wondered into my local AD today and was looking at the Breitling Super Avenger. The salesman asked me if I knew what a Blacksteel was. I said yes and he left for a minute and when he came back he had a Blacksteel! It was one that had already been paid for but was just waiting to be picked up. He let me try it on and after about a minute I decided to ask him what the odds are that there is another one. He said he would have to call his Breitling rep and that he would get back to me. He calls me later in the day to tell me that there is about thirty of them just sitting at the Breitling factory! I tried to convince my wife to let me buy it but I wasn't so lucky, so I thought I would share this with all of you guys. If you want to pick one up just PM me and I'll give the reps name and all the info so you can get the gen!

I was really surprised to hear that they had so many left over and all in the same place.

Just to reiterate...THESE ARE GEN AVENGER SKYLAND BLACKSTEEL's! I THINK he said the price was $5500, but please don't quote me on that!

-Ricardo

I know really tempting right!?! I went in to just look at the super avenger and almost buy one of the blacksteel's (almost because the wife said no. I'm in love... ;) ) like I said he has ABOUT 30. I wantto clerify. I am not the dealer or a dealer if you want to purchase one of these I will simply be someone local to deal help the transaction go smoothly.

Cool! I WISH I could buy this!

-Rick

He wouldn't have 30 Skyland Blacksteels,i would assume that was a typo..

As for having 30 SA Blacksteels,i wouldn't really be surprised,they are just a novelty watch,i owned a gen as well and it might look cool in pics but the novelty wears off quick,having the rubber dive strap as your only real option is a downer,that strap blows and makes the watch seem cheap. Its o.k on a 2k Fish but not on a watch hitting 6k.

These have come down alot on the resale market,if someone really wanted one you can get a deal used on TZ and such.

He wouldn't have 30 Skyland Blacksteels,i would assume that was a typo..

As for having 30 SA Blacksteels,i wouldn't really be surprised,they are just a novelty watch,i owned a gen as well and it might look cool in pics but the novelty wears off quick,having the rubber dive strap as your only real option is a downer,that strap blows and makes the watch seem cheap. Its o.k on a 2k Fish but not on a watch hitting 6k.

These have come down alot on the resale market,if someone really wanted one you can get a deal used on TZ and such.

He didn't have 30. The rep who works for Breitling, at the manufacturer, said they have about thirty that never sold. So when they told everyone that all 2000 were sold out they didn't count the 30 or so left in the factory that can be special ordered if someone really wants it.

I know it is kind of a novelty watch, but it is a novelty watch that is still in demand, and not many people know they can still get one. That is the whole point. I want to make people aware that they can have this timepiece if they so choose.

Concerning the strap on the other hand, you are correct. It is unfortunate that the only diving option you have is the rubber strap. Although at panatime you can get some really good looking straps! Black leather with red stitching is really popular on this watch as well as others. Take a look...

http://www.panatime.com/24mm.html

Just wanted to clear some things up, please don't take this as an attack, I really hate that and it wasn't my intention. Just a conversation among people with the same interests!!!

-Ricardo

Oh you were talking about the 'secret batch' of Skylands indeed,my apologies.

Guys are having a hard time giving them away on the resale market i have seen,with the SA BS out,the Skyland has alot of 'doh,why didn't i wait' factor for the owners...and the decent rep doesn't help,but its doesn't get much sales interest either,so hard for the BS novelty to win....

Anyway,if someone actually wants a gen Skyland BS,you are the guy to pm,i guess....

Almost all AD's arround my hometown Antwerp (I've seen at least 4 or 5) have either the SuperAvenger Blacksteel or the skyland Avenger Blacksteel in stock...It really doesn't seem to be a hot piece. I tried one on and found it overall too dark, especially now with summerdays ahead.