When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I crazy? Thinking of selling a gen to fund more rep purchases!

Prsist

Well its all about choices and that said the ones on the individual level, what works for some people might not work for you... i sold some low end gens to fund some high end frankens... but never sold a high end gen for funding a project or geting a few super reps...

I have recently sold my genuine sea dweller but only to purchase a genuine submariner...

Good luck with your decision.

regards Laz

Yea it crossed my mind to sell my Omega GMT to get some 2-3 nice reps.

Kept the Original in the end, lol

I think the real deciding factor is if there is some significance to the gen. Does it mark a special event, relative, etc...if so...definitely don't. That is irreplaceable. Otherwise...if it was just a nice watch...sell one and get a few nice watches.

Good point Toad. It seems as though I look at her more than wear her. Ah, decisions, decision, decisions!

Yesterday I was thinking exact the opposite way. All the money that I spend on reps, if I would have saved all that money I could have bought myself a nice gen Rolex sub or PAM or other watch I like. But, then I have 1 watch in stead of 8-12. Yesterday I read this post:

http://www.horomundi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5716

You may find this hard to believe, but so far TWICE an Hublot Dealer has sent a fake Big Bang into our service center in Florida for repair.

The fakes are good enough to fool a dealer who has a real one to compare to.

And I realised, I have a HBB rep myself. It