When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster moon watch saphire to plexy conversion

FxrAndy

That looks AWESOME. It's funny. The crystal on the old ones is something that rarely gets captured properly in most pics of the gen and rep. You really don't see the effect of that domed plexy on the overall look unless you see it in person, but your pics capture it more than usual. That looks great!!

What's the secret formula??

Looks great. I have a gen Moonwatch and that looks really good.

BTW, what movement is in the reps that are available now? I have picked up an old Tissot chrono that has a Lemania 873 movement ( same as the Omega base) so I am assuming that a gen dial and hands will fit the movement. Obviously dumping the whole lot into a rep case is occupying my thoughts at the moment so this mod is very timely.

You will be busy.

Well i am using a sternkreuz high dome plexysized 336, then fit it with the saphire retaining ring still in place so the walls of the inside of the dome are flush with the rehaut, but this does mean that you have a white retaining ring that you can see. The crystal need a press to get it in and flat, but i have had a lot practice thie week working on G10 watches i am repairing.

DSC01522.jpg

these were all scrap, half are working again now

24 hours in and it is still holding well, i went for a ride on the harley and if any thing was going to vibrate it loose that would be it,

If any one wants these crystals let me know and i will source them and post them out.

24 hours in and it is still holding well, i went for a ride on the harley and if any thing was going to vibrate it loose that would be it,

If any one wants these crystals let me know and i will source them and post them out.

Hi FxrAndy

I am interested, please sort me out,

Looks great!!!

MG