When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here's one for Lanikai!

Wow wow & biggest WOW!!!

With this project, it feels like you were never away, R! :notworthy: all of your works are nothing short of amazing... :good:

I am absolutely 101% sure its new owner will love this beauty to bits... ;) Congratulations too!

So R, are you getting slightly tired of either of your Daytonas? :lol:

Before I say anything ..

R ..

I am humbled by the fact that I am termed "a good friend"

and for that Ubi I sincerely .. thank you for your respect in that ! As anyone would be honoured to have you as a valued friend ! and I'm not talking about watches.. just as a person.

As one of the most humble veteran members as well as a perfectionist in horology .. it has been my pleasure (100) to have gotten to know you over this past year.

when Ubi told me of his plan.. and talking with him on the phone, I was blown ... it has left me speechless .. I was literally at a lost..

Ubi actually did more than guide me.. if not for his expertise and internet knowledge.. I would not have gotten any of the parts needed.. and then when all seemed futile.. and I was about to chaulk it up to "a learning experience"..

I was told not to worry.. the project would be fullfilled with NOS parts.. :shock:

INCREDIBLE..!!

All I can say is ..

Thank you R.. for your kindness !

I believe I will cover the Tudor with bubble wrap while it's on ma wrist.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

R

I do believe there will be one timepiece on my wrist for a long time to come..as a replicated dial would of been my grail.. but this !!

Hey gang,

First and foremost, it's nice to stop by and say hi- Lots of friends here that I have not spoken with in a long time! I hope everyone is doing well...

TT- Great to hear from you, and I've been meaning to email you; any chance you'll be swinging into town this year?

Fxr- Hmmmm... Last pic, bottom right- I wish I could say what it would cost, but that assembly doesn't belong to me; rather it belongs to the owner of the project of topic smile.gif Now that he has a damn near pristine example, I can't imagine that he'd have a need for these goodies any longer (though you'd have to discuss that with him wink.gif ).

DL- Thanks for the kind words! I know you've been after one of these dials- I've got my eyes and ears open for one for you! They do turn up from time to time... It's just a matter of time. When I find one, you'll be first to know!

Coolfire- Great to hear from you, my friend! And thanks for the compliments! I must admit... It's been a long time since I've logged in; even longer since I've tackled a project! This particular project was my first after a long hiatus; there were some cobwebs to blow out, but everything came back to me as if I never skipped a beat.

As for those Daytonas...

Not tired of them yet, but I haven't worn them in a very long time. Oddly enough, my Tudor has spent the most time on my wrist as of the last few months. However, I was planning on dusting the Cosmos off for the weekend biggrin.gif

Lani- Yes sir, you are in fact considered a very close friend. You've shown me incredible generousity, and unconditional friendship. So... It is I that is honored smile.gif

This project was a lot of fun, and it's also been an important one for me to see through to the end. I know you've been waiting for this one for almost a year now, so to see it come together is like closing an amazing chapter in a book to me; it's great to see how it ends, but looking back, it's the journey that made this one fun. I keep looking at this watch, and cannot keep my mouth shut about it. My wife has listened to me go on and on about it all afternoon smile.gif So, yeah... Needless to say, I enjoyed this one immensely!

smile.gif

This one will always have a special place in my mind...

All the best,

R

That is fantastic Ubi :o

Can I get you to work on a Rolex project of mine?

I wont actually send you anything as you get all you need out of that parts box of yours. :D

Ken ;)

Bonjour Ubi,

Great to see you here again.

That is a fantastic project, a beautifull watch indeed!

I think you may be called "The SnowFlake Master"...since you provided some parts for other projects...

Remember By-Tor grabbed a dial and hands from you for me?

Well, it's on my wrist today :D

Thanks for sharing all these valuable information with us!

Cheers

Stephane

SnowFlakeInProgress_800_17.jpg

SnowFlakeInProgress_800_19.jpg

As one can very clearly see from one of the most invaluable, knowledgeable & nicest veterans on here... he definitely hasn't lost his midas touch at all! Simply put, you create real gems, ubi... :notworthy: if fate permits, I would be honoured to meet you someday, mate (& strap on those Daytonas for once! ;) )!

lani, I am extremely sure (as if you needed telling, mate :p ) that this superduperfranken of a horological gem will spend lotsa time on your wrists... I feel envious, in fact. :p wear it in greatest health!

Hey Ubi, how are you?

I was wondering lately where you've been, hoping you haven't gotten bored with us.

Superb piece, thanks for showing.

Beautiful job, RS! And great to see you back.

Quick question here, is the case for this project an MBW 1680?

I'm thinking the T-125 would be the same as the T-127 except for the cyclops being positioned slightly out board of the 127's position to accommodate the eta datewheel.

Awesome to see Ubi back here- and to show us a project like this, no less! Those Tudors are totally underrated and have more character than most watches of that era... glad to see this superb watch will have a great home!