When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Solving the tube thread problems in the Oris Carlos Coste

Oris Carlos Coste is really a beautiful watch. However, the rep has a problem. Many times the crown cannot be threaded after few months of use. This tuto shows how to change the tube that is damaged for a better one, more resistant.

BTW, it is also possible to change the crown by a gen Oris one. I have made about ten changes of tubes, and only twice the crown had to be changed.

Cousinsuk.com reference for the tube is TUBEK, and costs 2.95 pounds, plus taxes and shipping.

img0985th4.jpg

First step is to remove the case back.

img0986nq8.jpg

Remember to remove the rotor before you take out the movement from the case.

img0988ny7.jpg

Red arrow shows the button to be pushed to remove the stem.

img0990ez0.jpg

Stem removed.

img0991rl0.jpg

Now it is time to check with the new tube that the thread of the crown is in good condition. In this example, the thread is perfect. Sometimes, if the owner abused trying to thread the crown, the crown thread may be damaged. The gen Oris crown is alse available from Cousuins.

img0992bl1.jpg

img0993pf1.jpg

Next red arrow shows the retaining ring that has to be removed to take the movement out the case. BTW, no screws to fasten the ring!

img0994xb8.jpg

Ring removed.

img0995hj6.jpg

The movement is out.

img0997ko9.jpg

To remove the tube is recommended using a special tool designed for this task. In this case I used a tube press. Some specific pliers are also available.

img0998wo7.jpg

There are several available bits with the press

Nice job Francisco, I love reading these how-to's. One question, why does the rotor have to be removed before removing the movement from the case?

You can damage the bearing or tthe screw playing with the movement out of the case. And I remember that the TimeZone course recommends it.

Francisco.

• 11 months later...