When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New camera needed.

offshore

My previous digital, an Olympus C3020, has moved on...(went with my wife in a recent parting of the ways...good riddance to both :rolleyes: )

So I have an opportunity to buy a Sony Cybershot W-150, at what I think is a good price.

It is to be a general purpose camera, and will be used for some watch shots, basically for selling on ebay, so doesn't need too be to flash!

I can get this camera, almost as new, with a 2G memory stick for A$150, which seems to be a pretty good price.

It is coming out of a pawn shop, and needs a few things added, (bag, tripod, spare battery, charger, and cable connector) all of which will add about $60 to the final price. However that total still is in the realms of good buying IMHO.

So does anyone know this camera, or have experience with it?

It seems to have a lot of features for the $$ and also has an idiot proof mode, which may well be exactly what I need :p

Any info is welcome.

Thanks guys.

Offshore

Seems to be a decent camera, I picked one up last year, can't recall what price, and looks like it had been discontinued now anyway. But at 8.1mp, it does seem like a decent camera. Haven't used it a great deal, but pictures come out alright. It does have a macro function, but in my opinion, macro doesn't come out as good as some of what I see on the board. Or maybe I just don't get out and use it enough.

As far as the price goes, it doesn't sound cheap, but if in good condition might be alright, wouldn't be a big saving over having got one of them new I don't think.

A review here if you have not already checked them out http://reviews.photographyreview.com/blog/...sc-w150-review/