When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breit SA construction Update

poopypants

i am trying out a new rep-friendly watch repair person in town...

I am swapping out the dials on my super avenger...

He is telling me that it cant come out the back of the watch and that he had to remove bezel and crystal to remove it from the front of the watch...

I don't think that is possible... and i am about to run down there an snatch it from him before he makes a hell of a mess for me...

Thoughts?

PP

i am trying out a new rep-friendly watch repair person in town...

I am swapping out the dials on my super avenger...

He is telling me that it cant come out the back of the watch and that he had to remove bezel and crystal to remove it from the front of the watch...

I don't think that is possible... and i am about to run down there an snatch it from him before he makes a hell of a mess for me...

Thoughts?

PP

He's wrong. Go get it before he ruins the bezel. The movement and dial come out the case back side of the watch.

UPDATE: well i was too late and when i showed up he had already figured out that it did NOT come through the front!

However, he did not pay attention to detail and he stabbed through the minute hand which now has a hole where LUME once was...

I had no idea that the hands were hollow filled with Lume...

any one have a source for gen hands?

PP

UPDATE: well i was too late and when i showed up he had already figured out that it did NOT come through the front!

However, he did not pay attention to detail and he stabbed through the minute hand which now has a hole where LUME once was...

I had no idea that the hands were hollow filled with Lume...

:o Yikes! I dare say this fellow you have found does not deserve to hold the title of watchsmith. Good luck with the corrections...Zig is your best bet now.

after one night... apparently, he didn't line up the hands to clear each other... so, NOW i have scratched hands!

Luckily, the dial looks good. minus the flaking lume sitting on it and the finger print on one of the numerals...

My god. first i get screwed on Risti for $3K, now i got two reps out of commision... WHATS NEXT?!?!

PP