When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer bezel removal?!

hackR

ok...i was going to send a pm to PolexPete -- who had done some amazing modding of recent...but i thought it would be better to go public with my question so all could benefit...this inquiry is to anyone who has torn down a Navitimer, modded it, removed the bezel and/or crystal...

call me crazy, but i am thinking of swapping the gold bezel from one of my Navitimers with the ss bezel on another Navitimer...compounding this all is that one of the Navitimers is a v1 (correct slide rule alignment) and the other is the current version...obviously i don't want to screw up either watch...

so my questions are: how does the bezel remove on these watches?...is it simple to do?...is there a reasonable risk that i might screw it up taking it off and not be able to put it back on?...if the two watches are different, i won't make the swap -- but would like to put them back on their original spots...

i am an absolute novice in this department, but am willing to try this if it's a no-brainer...

lastly -- anyone with first hand knowledge on whether v1 and current versions of Navitimers are made by the same factory and/or whether the components of the watch are the same?...

thanks...R