When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

Hi,

the title says it all.

Early february I sent 2 watches (value of 450 USD) and paid 150 GBP for a Chieftang AR coating through Rocketeer (UK).

Indeed Chief asked E.U. members to go trhough him for the following run.

We are now mid of june, and all what we get now (here and there) are informations of screwed watches, screwed crystals, excuses to say we have to wait a bit more.

ROCKET, YOU'RE A BLATANT LIAR, you have not honored your committment and try to pass the fault on Chieftang. You don't answer emails and if so, it's to avoid answering or finding any technical blah blah to try to make angry customers wait a bit more.

I don't know which game you play, but either you have overestimated your skills, or you're just plain dumb and believe people won't move after your mistakes or accept bad work.

I'm not alone. There are at least 20 crystals (maybe double) involved. Not mentionning the watches you are keeping.

PLEASE

- admin team, is there someting you can do ?

- unhappy customers, please chime in and explain what you sent, what info you got from Rocket (if ever) and which money you already spent. BE HONEST. If you're happy in waiting more, so be it, but your written confirmation in this very thread will help understanding how wide the disaster will be... or already is.

ROCKET, you should now come here and explain honestly which problem you meet. The crystals are back in the UK since 2 weeks. I can't believe you need 2 weeks to ship 20 crystals/watches back. It's not a question of being flooded with job, there's something else and you will now tell us.

I WANT my watches back.

So far I have read of ONE member being happy (Asim), besides I had a lot of PM with different E.U. members and with Chieftang, and there are really incredible things I read. Time has come to tell us which problems you met : I won't disclose names of people I talked to, but PLEASE take your responsibilities and make your story/case public.

Let's do something before it's too late...

I never thought someone would make me loose my temper over the 2 years I spent in this hobby : you are the one, Rocket :angry:

Other (still availale) threads :

http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...02&#p485502

http://www.rwg.cc/members/AR-Service-UK-EU...ers-t91888.html

http://www.rwg.cc/members/heard-Rocketeer-t93772.html

+1 thread set invisible in CT section, as it was turning serious and irritating...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry for your problems with unacceptable business practices Pix.... since being here I have myself lost more money than I care to. with K222. an entire batch of Lello date wheels ... and another modder in NYC (not Vac) ...

And the same MO.. no replies to emails .. however I cannot ask The Admin team to step in since they did not endorse nor are they accepting any monetary percentage of the profits from anyone .. member or modder.

It is very frustrating ..and I had to take it as a expensive learning experience.. a couple of watches were brutalized for date wheel swaps.. and the modder still has not gotten back to me so I figure after more than a year.. he just chooses to ignore me.

Zig has warned us.. so i am not even thinking of sending the screw ups to ZM. I caulk it up as a loss.

I myself feel that anytime I send my replication for modding from someone other than ZM.. I am rolling the dice.. since ZM has endorsed Vac.. and I have never read any negatives about his craftsmanship... I believe the only modder other than ZM would be Vac.. that anyone should even think of using.

With all that said.. members need to up their game.. and learn how to remove and reinsert crystals if they are to be successful in installing Chiefs AR... and probably find a proxy in Conus to handle the xtal for the ar coating.

I feel for you Pic.. good luck and hopefully everything works out wel

R

Ok!

So this an open forum and we must share bad experiences.

It's not the first time I hear about issues with this EU AR run.

There is little the admin team can do really but there is a lot the community can do.

Please follow Pix advice and post your current situation about getting back your watches/crystals from Rocket

Lani, I know he's not endorsed here, neither he is on RWI.

However I thought that admins asking Rocketeer to pop up in the thread would be welcome. As a member. And refusing to do so should lead to the conclusion he's worth being banned... preventing any other member to try his services, which he can advertize publicly or by PM as long as he can post.

The main point is indeed, as Stephane said, that those experiencing the same problems are more than welcome to confirm what they are about to loose...now.

Till today we have an unclear vision of the size of the scam, and I'm sure it's begger than what has been expressed in very few posts (including a large amount of mines).

I spoke to Rocketeer on the phone, I believe last week, after he got the crystals back. In my opinion it is no problem that it will take a bit more after the crystals arrived. the batch also needed quality control. And then putting the crystals back in the watches and then shipping and administration..

for the average watch smith and having to do this in between all the other pending work, 2-4 weeks seems a more practical schedule to me. Apart from the fact that it takes so long.

just my 2 cents.

Sorry to hear of this, it is such a shame when this happens.

I think more often that not it is because the modders underestimate what an influx of work they will get, and how time consuming it will actually be.

Does anyone know where he is actually based - no publishing of addresses btw please, just wondering whereabouts in the UK he is, as in North, South etc...

Sorry to hear of this, it is such a shame when this happens.

I think more often that not it is because the modders underestimate what an influx of work they will get, and how time consuming it will actually be.

Does anyone know where he is actually based - no publishing of addresses btw please, just wondering whereabouts in the UK he is, as in North, South etc...

Milton Keynes

Like Hooky has mentioned, it might just need a little more time. If he has other work on at the moment too, it might just be a case of time constraints.

If not, we have a pretty good UK standing now, so Im sure we could arrange for a member to meet and get the goods back if it does hit the fan .

Hopefully it won't come to this though.

Hooky : it's not only a question of schedule.

It's a question of communication and a question of skills.

Quality check : does that mean Chief has screwed some coatings ? He has not reported that...

If answering all the emails within 48h almost becomes a full time job and if several people email him at least once every one or 2 weeks, I can imagine it will take a watch smith from his working bench.

I can't believe that 20? potential customers will make anyone a full time's job. Sorry, there is NO excuse.

The other point is that if one can't communicate by mail, it is common sense to give regular information on the boards... As Chief does. Why would Rocket not need to do that ?

Again, there are established mistakes already, and I started this thread to make them all obvious, and to force Rocket to tell us when and how ? Precisely.

BTW, I've not mentionned the nedd for a 48 hours answer... just the need for an answer.

Can I just say that Pix has good reason to complain? Many of the responses so far do remind me of the first replies to worried posts about Jakub. "the poor thing just had a death in the family"... "he's an honest guy, so stop bugging him"... "be patient, he's a straight up bloke"... "his entire family was eaten by a pack of wolves, so chill out and stop being insensitive", etc...

Let's just accept the fact that a good member here is concerned, and let's chime in if anyone else can either help or is similarly worried. Pix, you know most of my issues with Rocketeer I am sure, so I do join you in hoping that everything will be sorted out quickly and smoothly.

2 weeks and ur this [censored] off? man watchsmith in australia takes longer to do something simpler than that.. i told them to do water pressurize test for waterresistant and regulation of movement.. takes them a week.. told them to change datewheels for me.. took them freaking a month.. servicing took them 3 weeks.. 2 weeks for 20 works isnt bad if u ask me

I'm before all talking about 4 monthes, whereas a normal run takes max 2 monthes. Why the crystals arrived only 2 weeks ago in the UK is also unexplainable for me : watches/crystals were sent mid of february...

Armin, you should change your watchsmith :)

2 weeks and ur this [censored] off? man watchsmith in australia takes longer to do something simpler than that.. i told them to do water pressurize test for waterresistant and regulation of movement.. takes them a week.. told them to change datewheels for me.. took them freaking a month.. servicing took them 3 weeks.. 2 weeks for 20 works isnt bad if u ask me

He said rocketeer has had his stuff since February.

Mine since January.

I think the two weeks issue is just one of the many drops in an ocean of BS...

He said rocketeer has had his stuff since February.

Mine since January.

I think the two weeks issue is just one of the many drops in an ocean of BS...

ohh ok i get it now.. but last time i went through chief's ar run.. he gave an update in every step of the way (good bloke).. u coulda seen the progress there of when he accepted crystals from rocketeer and when he dispatched it.. then ud know whether or not hes lying..

i mean just to make u feel better.. i had some problem with my crystal when i did a work with chief.. after the1st run my crystal had problems.. and chief did a rerun for me for free (again good bloke).. the whole process for me took about 6-8 months.. but at the end of it.. its worth it coz his ar is just the best.. so hang in there man.. hopefully this'll put u with more ease

+1 agree :D

oh trust me i have about 4 diff ones here in adelaide.. and theyre all the same.. slow, grumpy and have no skills.. seriously we're lucky to have The Zigmeister here.. just overall nice person and his work is just outstanding.. too bad hes all the way in canada.. but for simple mods sometimes its just not worth of sending it to him.. but then again these days i just think its so worth it..

Hi folks,

Personally, I can understand that this sort of stuff takes a while to sort out; assembling people's watches to an exacting and acceptable level of standard and coordinating the shipping, administration etc. for a large scale is absolutely time consuming and lots of busy work involved. There is no doubt about that. I myself have had a single watch of mine assembled, taken apart, reassembled, etc. 20+ times in an effort to get the overall finished product to my personal satisfaction; that's just one watch! :) Drives me a little crazy, and sometimes it's a week long process for me to sort out all the issues and what not. I call this 'stress testing' the watch (and my patience).

However, the thing that strikes me as concerning is the lack of communication to end customers. Sure, multiple emails to every customer + back and forth questions, answers and what not can be a very time consuming endeavor in and of itself, but it really doesn't take long to at least make a blanket post to all participating members/customers with an update on status. That takes but a few moments to do and can put a lot of people at ease about their watches; most just want to know that something is being done, and the lack of communication makes for anxious individuals.

So, while I have never personally worked with this individual and know nothing about him, I don't really have much else to offer except for the observation above. For folks who have asked me if I offer mod services and wonder why I usually decline- This is exactly why! I barely have enough time to do my own stuff, and oft times, I piss myself off as a customer. I know better than to subject my friends here on RWG to that kind of stuff :)

Cheers,

R

It would be interesting to know how many watches are involved. ? 10.. 20 .. 30 ???

Agree 100 a simple form email would take a minute and communication rather than excuses would be much appreciated I'm sure,.

ahhh sheesh this looks like deja vu all over again..

Sorry for your trouble Pix.. but props for taking the initialtive to bring it to light !!

A~C

Lani

It would be interesting to know how many watches are involved. ? 10.. 20 .. 30 ???

Only he and Chief can tell us.

It was supposed to be a batch of 20. Rocket once wrote that this was increased. The exact number is then pure speculation...

The core problem is not only the E.U. run : eventually it's all kind of mods and services which have been mailed to this run's participants.

There is a member waiting since january for a watch to be built (we're talking of more than 500 GBP), there is a Blackbird which has been ruined, there is a Rolex GMT still M.I.A. after 5 monthes, there are several watches from an established dealer sent for repair and also M.I.A.... This is part of what I know, and there is much more to be discovered, that's why I'm posting too. Not by pure pleasure or any kind of selfish motivation (my 2 watches) : I'm posting also to make sure that Rocketeer will not harm any new customer. Stay AWAY !

When you play with such an amount of member's money, you're not allowed to act the way you do... There's always an excuse, never his mistake.

Again, should I mention that Rocket confirmed to one member that most of the crystals that came back from Chief had troubles and he proposed to have them recoated in the UK ? Can you really believe that ?

Today I've only seen one member happy with this run... Sorry, that's not a happy end... :mellow:

Last time i've made a comment about this soon to be fiasco, i got moderated and my reply removed, since it was in chief section i believe it's coming from him. Again tho.. there is no way i'll deal with this couple, not blaming chief, but the whole duo thing is just non-working.

But since it got removed, i believe i hit the bullseye

@Blobzor when you make comments about being moderated I think you need to include the board, I'm pretty sure it wasn't here.

Ken

sorry guy's, but to get the big picture clear... did this originate on RWG ( rocketeer??) .. and if not where ???