When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fully Modded Rubens Barrichello

Mr.Brown is supposedly based in Singapore. I had offered to meet up with him and see the watch when he first posted about work in progress.....got completely ignored by him. Don't get a good feeling about this. He posted about the watch here.....but members started questioning/asking about high price/pics etc. So he listed this straight away @ rwg and sold it.

Even Worse, A member from RG bought both of his watches, the modded RBII and the Plat Mat HBB, for a total of 2,000 USD, that was almost a month ago, and then he stopped replying, and he just changed his numbers, so the moderators can't find him, so I guess he left with the money from at least 2 RG memebers that were promised the Watch!

Hey Kim....good to see you here brudda. The resident HBB guru post is all yours :p

I think the OP has sorta dropped off from the boads. Since he made a post about hte RB II here but listed it on rwg.....there is lots of confusion about who all paid him and did anyone receive anything. Sucks when things like this happen. If the buyers paid via PP, then there must be a confirmed Singapore address. I can find out the new nos. for that address and see if something can be done.

Maybe my memory isn't so good but isn't this the guy that was selling the LH Pams a while ago.?

If so I remember him telling me he was in Sydney Australia.

Actually I remember speaking with him myself now that you said this. Back when he had 2 LH 111's and I was going to do a photo comparison with my Gen 111K.

What a dodgy mf.. I hope Jakob didn't pay the guy?

Hi Guys

I got mine, but the reason why I have not posted pics yet, is that the watch is missing a casescrew and one in the CG, which Mr. Brown was supposed to send me... but total silence since then.

Best, Jakob

Well....do post some pics anyway....so we can get a look @ the plate under the dial. As for the missing screw....I got a spare CG from Josh for my RBII RG and couldn't see any visible screws.

• 2 weeks later...

A MrBrown RBIII went up for sale on RG this week. It's since been pulled but I am in contact with the member.

He claims to have bought this from MrBrown and got messed about- but eventually got the watch.

I am inspecting this tomorrow and will report back. The guy i'm meeting seems to be young and at uni.

Wealthy asian kid living in the City. But he claims that MrBrown is a watchmaker from Western Sydney.

callipygian, what makes you think MrBrown is attending UNSW?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, supposedly he should send me some screws...

Now this whole thread got screw_ed up anyway!!

Just stumbled about it a second time...

I really do hope, the deceived members and others

grub this guy out from down under.

Thats really embarrassing taking hard earned money from people

stealing away!!

George

• 4 months later...