When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2009 APROO

anybody know if we are going to get the new aproo?

i dont exactly know when it came out i think this is the 2009 model, tried at AD and this thing is DOPE, looks much better than and sportier than the old models, cyclops better, dial also got different font and i think its little glossier also (could be lightning at ad)

post171242087934.jpg

heres is another

audemarspiguet26020stoo.jpg

i tried the gen of a friend of mine couple of years ago and i remember how it looked, and this one definetly somehow looked and felt different and better, maybe some magical AD-lighting? i dont know..

are you sure AP doesnt make changes to their models like rolex?

If I remember correctly the only real quantum leap in recent times (read as ever) for the ROO's are the development of a new calibre (3820) movement and the introduction of the funky aesthetics (carbon, ceramic, etc.) for their limiteds. I am sure their fit and finish has improved as their manufacturing has improved. I remember reading that they (like Rolex) had recently sunk additional cap ex into their operation.

they do make some minor improvements to the dials over the years..

re case finishing,

early E serial finishing was poor compared to the F serial.

mid F serial they added AR over the cyclops eye

G serial they widened the polished edges on the case

for 2009 the themes have new silver and charcoal dials

roosafarimv0.jpg

Goddamn, this one gives me a chub. Is there a rep of it available with that strap?

Yes...MBK version Safari comes with that strap...i Have one but the head is off to Ziggy...

Those safari pics (gen and rep) are gorgeous

I'm surprised by how reasonably nice the rep hornback looks, although I might eventually break down and get the gen hornback...

TECH:

I assume The Zigmeister is going to service the @12 transfer gears...

Is there a place on this dial for lume too? What features actually have lume on the gen or rep?

roosafarimv0.jpg

Goddamn, this one gives me a chub. Is there a rep of it available with that strap?

I posted in this thread yesterday. It was the first time I'd seen or heard of the Safari. Today, I'm walking along a side street in Newport Beach and I duck into a tiny watch store. He's got PAMs and Pateks and most of the usual suspects. And right in the middle of all this horological win, there's a beautiful genuine Safari with the hornback strap. I was gobsmacked. I had to try it on.

It's a very good thing that I didn't have $14,200 burning a hole in my pocket, because I've got zero impulse control around such a sublime piece as this.

I wanted a rep of this watch yesterday and I'm twice as want it today.

I totally know what you mean

I had been hearing things about this watch for a while, but it all sort of just hit me in the past 2 days and then I had to pull the trigger

I actually did it before seeing any of these or rogers pictures, but seeing all this just reinforces the whole decision

the only reservation is the lack of the silver dials and off white dial color on the safari rep, its just all white.

but the combo is still beautiful with the hornback with any light colored dial.

getting antsy waiting for this one