When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep or genuine. Please help!

miziq

Hi,

back here again. I was burned by bad rep and throw quite some money away. At the end i had total problems with customs when they found fixed watch in the ..... you know where. I'm on my quest for a new watch and asking for some opinions. There is round 400$ on my paypal waiting to be spent :).

I'm in Europe and this time (if so) I'll go with PT or eurotimez to avoid any problems. Question is. I didn't seen 200$ or up rep in person and wonder what is the quality of those watches for example compared to Tissot Ballade III in the picture or some Seiko Japan spirit line. I have few rep that i found attractive like BB king for round 300$, IWC top gun, or even Tag caliber 1. Can somebody please compare the finish quality of such a Tissot with eta 2824-2, maybe some Hamilton khaki with the reps for the same money. Is the rep quality for that price really that good?

Please comment what to be careful of.

Thanks to all...

Tissot-SS-dress.jpg

You should not expect to get the fit and finish of a genuine watch from any replica. The watches you mention like Tissot and Seiko aren't expensive watches but have high quality control standards. Replica factories have low QC standards in general so one person's watch may be finished better than the next. Some of the super reps do have higher quality in the production, however. I think the best quality as far as fit and finish that I have seen personally would have to be the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver. This watch is superb and does come very close to the quality you would expect from a high end watch manufacturer, however it is still not on par with it's genuine counterpart. A high end watch has a certain smooth, solid feel to it that can't be replicated for $300 or $400.

I have been collecting watches for many, many years and have had hundreds of watches pass through my hands both replica and genuine. If you want the feel of a genuine watch, nothing will replace that. If you want a watch that you wouldn't or couldn't spend the money for, buy a replica. No matter how mch you spend on a replica watch, it is still a replica. Some are better than others, but in the end they are all disposable.