When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

where to fins a 26mm steel strap for my panny?

paneristi

thx for your reply so far. I found another old thread with a picture of the 26mm strap which does look stunning. However the seller napleswatch does not seem to be active in ebay anymore. :( pls check link

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=26mm+steel

I really need this element to make a nice dlc project. just imagine a dsn 217 and a matching 26mm steell strap in dlc.

I will check out the repgeek link

cheers

i have seen one on Repgeek.com fitting 26mm lugs.

think it was 55 $

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=65226

Im ordering one of these for sure. I am hoping it is different than the 26mm marina militare bracelet that I currently have, as it is much much cheaper feeling than my 24mm rep pam bracelet. (clasp is cheaper, larger gap between links, etc.) I can post pics for comparison if you guys would like?

how do you gys think about the quality of this strap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260441521978

I can still see some gabs between the links. wonderesd how it compares to your bracelet vistor.

Hope these pics work for you, ive never attatched before. this is NOT my bracelet, its the rg sellers pics!

Give me a bit man, and ill take pics for you, Im no photog, but ill do my best!

post-21486-1247347920_thumb.jpg

post-21486-1247347929_thumb.jpg

OK- Took pics, again, sorry bout quality, I'm not good with pictures!

first pic is the 2 of them together. the watch with the bracelet on is 24mm. the bare bracelet is the "26"mm (waiting on watch to arrive!)

watchbandcomparison001.jpg

Pics of the thickness. hope my pics reflect this- the 24mm is CLEARLY thicker, and longer lugs

watchbandcomparison003.jpg

Replica panerai (24) clasp-

watchbandcomparison004.jpg

Unbranded clasp (26) (notice the cheaper construction)

watchbandcomparison005.jpg

clasps side by side.. much thinner/flimsier on the 26mm

watchbandcomparison007.jpg

some finishing comparisons-

watchbandcomparison006.jpg

watchbandcomparison009.jpg

Pics of the "gaps" between the lugs. I'm sorry, I don't have a comparison to the 24mm on the watch.

watchbandcomparison008.jpg

Now here is what gets me- the "26" mm band is actually THINNER all around than the 24mm bracelet. It only flares out at the ends to match up!

watchbandcomparison010.jpg

watchbandcomparison011.jpg

The 26mm bracelet has a hard to describe "feeling" about it that is not good. it rattles, and "bends" side to side a whole lot more than the Pam bracelet did! Overall I feel a bit disappointed in the 26mm, and will only use this till I can find a better (hopefully Rep Pam 26mm bracelet!). The 26mm bracelets advertised on RG seem to be the same as mine, from the small poor pictures (clasp looks the same, and not near as nice as the eBay link). I have not gotten close ups from the seller on RG, but I may yet..

thx for your effort to upload some nice and clear pics. especially the comparison is great I know what you mean by stating the quality difference. do you know if your 26mm stap is made of solid 316L stainless steel?