When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Suggestion on how to touch up F1 Chrono

cdnbear

Hi all, this is my first post. Seems like an excellent community and a wealth of knowledge. Glad I found you.

I'm keen on knowing the best way to restore the looks of my F1 Chrono rep. The watch looks pretty much spot on to the gen, but the paint on my crown guards has suffered. It's so soft that you can scratch it away with a fingernail. The finish on the bezel is far superior. I've accidentally clonked the watch on door handles before and the bezel still looks as good as new with no blemishes. Wearing it right now bothers me because of the chipped paint on the crown guards. Any tips would be welcomed. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, this is my first post. Seems like an excellent community and a wealth of knowledge. Glad I found you.

I'm keen on knowing the best way to restore the looks of my F1 Chrono rep. The watch looks pretty much spot on to the gen, but the paint on my crown guards has suffered. It's so soft that you can scratch it away with a fingernail. The finish on the bezel is far superior. I've accidentally clonked the watch on door handles before and the bezel still looks as good as new with no blemishes. Wearing it right now bothers me because of the chipped paint on the crown guards. Any tips would be welcomed. Thanks.

Yeah, I am VERY impressed with the quality and material used in the bezel (mine takes a lot of abuse and so far not a scratch or chip).

As for the crown guard I found out the hard way that the paint does not like insect repellent with deet in it. I did discover that insect repellent is an excellent way to remove ALL the paint of off the crown guard. So much so I contemplating leaving my crown guard bare (watch looks not bad, I will post a pic later).

Prior to this weekend I tried everything from model enamel paint, a black "sharpy" magic marker and the work, but don't last. The best I found so far is the touch up paint for use on cars. When it dries it is much harder than the original paint and almost a dead on match colour wise.

• 1 year later...