When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Canal Street equivalent in Los Angeles?

mick92627

It would be pretty swell to find something like that anywhere in So Cali.

Santee Alley.

To give you an idea:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/santee-alley-los-angeles

BTW, a lot of those reviewers are suckers....EVERYTHING in the alley is fake.

All the reps there that I could find were terrible, but you might have better luck. Also, go around the time of the month that their rent is due...the haggling is better, or so I hear.

Edited by PatronSaintofChainsaws

Before joining online groups I would often hit the alley. Most of it is crap - but there are a couple dealers with good stuff if you ask (although it's still hit or miss).

Buying online from a trusted dealer is a lot less work.

Just my $.02 after years of buying reps.

I have 3 reps from the Santee Alley. All of them I purchased before joining the forum. They are some of the worst reps I have seen, but they were cheap. Also, the Omega DeVille is the one that I get the most comments on. To be honest, if you find something that you like, and the price is right, then go for it. However, keep in mind, it probably won't run very well. All three of mine are not very accurate time pieces!

I have 3 reps from the Santee Alley. All of them I purchased before joining the forum. They are some of the worst reps I have seen, but they were cheap. Also, the Omega DeVille is the one that I get the most comments on. To be honest, if you find something that you like, and the price is right, then go for it. However, keep in mind, it probably won't run very well. All three of mine are not very accurate time pieces!

Yes - the alley watches a normally total sh!t, but if you look hard enough (and have a lucky day) you can find a gem. I got very lucky on a Rollie (haven't seen one like it there since - as most totally suck), and bought a Cartier Tank (with the usual dial flaws). Both have ran great for over 2 years. The Rollie has surprisingly good lume (not normal rep lume) and ran +/- 15 sec before any regulation. I've never seen anything decent at Venice.

Of course, now I just order from trusted dealers on the forums (I don't have to wander around for days to find a half decent rep). The Omega GMT I bought from a dealer is worse than the finds I got in the alley (again, with hard work). Although, I was able to regulate the dealer GMT within +/- 3 sec per day :D:D .

Edited by jmd33