When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grand Carrera

darrenk

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time reader but first time poster. I'm almost ready to buy a Grand Carrera Black face with Stainless steel band from either Andrew or Josh (gathering from member's feedback) and have a few questions just to ease my fear a little.

Firstly, is the seconds at 3 disc noticeably jerky? I understand it's not as smooth as the Gen but is it terrible? Secondly can you replace the steel band with a leather easily?

Sorry for the noob question but $400 is a lot for a rep and I just want to ensure I'm doing the right thing.

Thanks in advance.

If you want a leather band but dont want the one that comes with it (because of the bad reports), keep in mind that the clasp on the SS braclet wont work on a leather strap. My dealer threw an extra deployment clasp in for free at my request when I got my Day-Date Carrera, but you may need to order one. Thats assuming you want to use a deloyment and keep it looking like a gen.

Darrenk, just go for it, you will not be disappointed, it's a beautiful piece. Regarding your question about the running secs, as you mentioned it does not run as smooth as the gen, but IMHO it's not annoying at all, it runs smooth enough and the disk is viewable through a half circle window, so it's hard to notice any big flaw on it.

I don't know if you read my review about this model, so here you have the LINK. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Thanks morlock and metaljesus.

mortlock, I have read your review, one of the reasons why I want one :) Like I said, the biggest fear I have is the spinning seconds wheel is jerky. metaljesus, I realize the clasp won't work however I just wanted to make sure a leather strap would fit the watch originally ordered with a metal band and that is looks original.

I'll email andrew and see what the cost of an additional strap will be. Wasn't there someone on the board looking at selling a new grand carrera?