When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting Excited about the Watchmaker9 LV Submariner

JohnDorian

You can pick up a Noob LV from Trusty for about $108 shipped and it'll probably be a reasonably good rep that would fool 90% of people unless you happen to work at a Rolex Authorized Dealer.

However, there is something cool about owning a well designed watch at the top of it's field in it's market, the rep market.

Let's say you got in for $400, if WM9 delivers, what do you get:

1. Superluminova (don't wait a month and risk shipping back and forth to get it done aftermarket)

2. Ability to fit a Rolex 3135

3. 300 Meter tested water resistance

4. Painstakingly color matched Bezel

5. The best dials you can get on a rep, not just Rolex

6. Accurate crystal (although previous WM9 mags have been off, lets hope they get it this time)

7. Accurate crown guards (no need to shave them down)

8. An actual genuine Swiss ETA 2824 and not a clone like everyone else falsely advertises

9. Accurate weight

10. Best polishing and finish on a submariner rep, probably any rep

11. One of the best bracelets, although we'll have to hope they get the SEL fit right this time.

12. Accurate rehaut engraving instead of the horribly misaligned one in the Noob and every M serial Sub I've seen.

This seems more than worth the $287 extra you'd be paying for a WM9 over a noob. Heck, just the gen ETA and the Superlume already covers this much less the actual water resistance and perfect case.

As a very impressed owner of a WM9 Z serial Sub (Came with a bad pearl but George has sent me a whole new insert), I really hope WM9 can deliver. It's been delayed, yes. But I would rather have a delayed watch than one that's been rushed full of inaccuracies or low quality.