When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen mm20 on ebay?

paneristi

This watch looks like a mm20 but the leather strap color is broown instead of tan? is this a real deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BNIB-RXW-MARINA-MILITARE-MM20-KEN-TRADING-BUY-NOW_W0QQitemZ300338551986QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item45ed929cb2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by paneristi

Jackie

Pics are definately of a gen but it is the mineral crystal version NOT sapphire. The sapphire has noticable distortions of the dial. Hope you get the same watch as advertised its a gen and a beauty but not a sapphire model. The sapphire gen was also flat around the edges and domed in the middle. Even so worth the price for sure for a gen

Jackie

Pics are definately of a gen but it is the mineral crystal version NOT sapphire. The sapphire has noticable distortions of the dial. Hope you get the same watch as advertised its a gen and a beauty but not a sapphire model. The sapphire gen was also flat around the edges and domed in the middle. Even so worth the price for sure for a gen

thx Tanya,

do you mind to check the other mm20 I put on potential scam. I think the other is a sapphire mm20. The only thing that worries me is that the movement does not have any pattern or markings on it its just a plain swiss unitas eta. I once got the opportunity to see the internal movement but looks totally different. Do they supply the mm20s with different movement designs?

If the sale is legit it's a pretty good price for BNIB.

tanya, I'm still enjoying the MM20 I bought from you. One of the best purchases I've ever made! :)

AHHHHHH!!! You're killing me man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1500-ish. 100% gen with sapphire crystal. I want it back ,....BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1500-ish. 100% gen with sapphire crystal. I want it back ,....BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well the mineralglas one on ebay is a good alternative plus its brand new and slightly cheaper than 1500usd. I just bought a very rare casio cosmophase for 250usd :)))) am jolly happy so I let this gem pass

well the mineralglas one on ebay is a good alternative plus its brand new and slightly cheaper than 1500usd. I just bought a very rare casio cosmophase for 250usd :)))) am jolly happy so I let this gem pass

or you might be interested in my DSN mm20? check it out in the pam section and pls give suggestion on where to buy a nice crownguard to fit the DSN case. There is quite a big gap which I am not happy with. I am eying for a vintage project but not sure where to get a nice vintage dial and new quality CG.

thx Tanya,

do you mind to check the other mm20 I put on potential scam. I think the other is a sapphire mm20. The only thing that worries me is that the movement does not have any pattern or markings on it its just a plain swiss unitas eta. I once got the opportunity to see the internal movement but looks totally different. Do they supply the mm20s with different movement designs?

on the Gen MM20 i got from Ken Trading the unitas 6497 looks like this.

IMG_0506.JPG

and the color on the "Marina Militare" also seems correct, these are not printede but laser etched in to the metal, so it seems more lightbrownish than the "Swiss Made" that are printed in white.

IMG_0401.JPG

it looks gen, but yes it seems to be mineral.

Edited by marinamm20

are you sure that this is a gen mm20? this looks pretty much similar to my dsn mm20 that i got for sale. your dials seems darker and better tho. If yours is a gen mm20 I wud be pretty frustrated since I already saw 3 different movement designs on all who claims it to be a gen mm20. BTW my dsn go exactly the same movement. Who did you get this from and for how much?

are you sure that this is a gen mm20? this looks pretty much similar to my dsn mm20 that i got for sale. your dials seems darker and better tho. If yours is a gen mm20 I wud be pretty frustrated since I already saw 3 different movement designs on all who claims it to be a gen mm20. BTW my dsn go exactly the same movement. Who did you get this from and for how much?

i got it directly from Ken Trading back in 2004. i paid ~1000$ - so i am 112% sure that it is a Gen ;-)

got it with 2 straps (one black horseleather watherproff, one brown connenlyleather), 2 screwdrivers, 2 pairs of screwset, 2 pairs of strap tubes, one fat buckle, one cloth.

all the paperwork from Ken Trading

but the MM20 came in 3-4 diffenrent runs, in the first run i seem to remember that the case was full polished, the next run (mine) it came brushed with polished bezel.

the last run, i have heard that they made them with all the "leftovers", this was after Panerai got a courtordre that Ken Trading was not allowed to make and sell this watch anymore, so they was sold on other websites (think it was Easternwatches)than Ken Trading.

i got the mineral version, but got the glass badly scratched, so i got a sappier glass from "thebigwatchforum", but it is the same shape as the mineral so it do not have the distortion as the original sappier from Ken Trading.

mm20box.JPG

mm20box_1.JPG

IMGP0471.JPG

mm20_2.JPG

Thx for uploading some nice pic of your mm20. Since there are so many variants of a gen mm20 (3-4)I just wonder if it does make sense to buy a real one bearing in mind you cud get a similar watch with exactly the same movement such as the highly finished DSN mm20 which cost less than 600usd with a really nice strap and buckle plus you dont need to worry about the canon pin issue. But still its a nice watch. Wear it well.