When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help, my watch arrived with a screw head stripped to death

kronos twin

Hello,

I just received a new PAM. I was very excited to receive it, but one of the screwheads on the pin is terribly stripped. I have a spare pin, but the problem now is taking off the existing pin. I tried the right width screwdriver, but the head is in such bad shape that it's too thin to get any leverage in there.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can anyone suggest a way to take out this pin?

Hey KT

This isn't uncommon unfortunately, what you can do is tap the pin out via the "outside" hole on the striped side.

You can do this by using a tiny screwdriver or heavy stitching needle and pop it into the outside of the offending lug hole (careful not to scratch the case!),

then tap it with a hammer/leatherman/anything with some weight.This should pop it out.

Warning depending on the condition of the pin thread it could strip the lug hole thread, if it isn't already stripped that is!

Get yourself a pair of springbars with every PAM you order, this way you will save yourself issues of stripping threads when changing straps etc.

Hope it helps, good luck

Bob

Unfortunately, I tried pushing the pin out the other side, just to loosen it a bit, but it won't budge. That thing's in there. I might have to send it back. I was intending to give this as a gift, and I don't want to do anything to the watch trying. Someone online suggested using a rubber band to place in between the screw and the screwdriver, but I'm hesitant to try this.

Thank you for your thoughts, Bob. I appreciate the advice.