When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley GMT Replica Yet?

Clerek

I have been waiting and waiting...but I have only seen crappy reps of this. Like this one:

http://www.86watches.net/goods.php?id=4554

and this

http://www.86watches.net/goods.php?id=4552

Does anyone know of a reputable dealer that sells these pieces? I know Dave has a rep, and shows tons of pics on here, but I haven't heard of any reps...

Thanks,

-Rick

Ah but the 30s chrono is not that to emulate in the movement! The question is what kind of movement would go in these? It says it is a Calibre 47B...? What is this and is there a rep of this movement available yet?

I would be interested in helping someone produce a decent rep of this if anyone has the know how!

-Rick

If memory serves, the 47B is a ETA 2892 with a GMT module and 30sec. chrono complication. I was shopping around for a Navi. World around the time my AD got their first Bentley GMT in stock. The Breitling rep. just happen to be there so I asked him what movement it used. He stated is was the same movement base as the Chrono-Matic 49 (B14 movement, ETA 2892) that had additional complications added to it created by Breitling in-house for the GMT and 30sec. chrono sweep hand.

A rep of this movement would involve Running secs @3 with a GMT function. Being that the A7750 is used in the rep. World with running secs moved to 3, a GMT complication would need to be added. Don

I have seen that before. My $0.02, you are going to be asking too much of the movement as too many modifications are required. If feasible, I also think the movement will make the watch too thick. The Bentley GMT, although is 49mm in dia. it is also very thin. I want to say maybe 14mm-15mm thick at the most. The first thing I noticed when I had one on my wrist was, nice diameter size but sat very low on the wrist. Kind of almost not proportionate between diameter and thickness.