When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little help for a noob...PLEASE!

bjl3910

Being new to all this is a bit overwhelming. I have taken a look at the "trusted dealer" lists, and visited there repsective websites. I am contemplating my first purchase, a Mont Blanc Timewalker Chrono. I feel like its an elequent watch that is realistic for my income. Having made up my mind about the watch, which in itself was excruciating, I now need to pick a dealer. I have had more trouble making up my mind about this than I did the watch. Now that I have decided to pick up a Pam too, I don't want to get ripped off.

Question #1: Who is the best all around dealer for these watches? Price, quality, service...all around BEST!

Question #2: Would it be better to buy them from seperate dealers?

I have been taking a look at everyones' photos and reviews and if I get a good response from this I would be happy to provide a step by step review of this process for other newcomers. I feel like I can handle it...aside from the technical review of the watches themselves. I will leave that to the experts.

Thanks for ANY advice you can throw my way.

My first purchase(s) were made from the watches for sale part on the forum. First watch was the SFSO that I wear a ton. However it wasn't the first watch I received because I made a deal again in the watches for sale area with a local seller and bought a Graham which also gets a lot of wear time since the weather is nice. The local guy was very nice and had others he was selling that looked very nice but I had just used paypal to buy the SFSO a day earlier.

I would check the watches for sale area on the boards you might get really lucky and find one there.

I really don't think you will get ripped off going through a dealer or anyone else off the board. I have had really good luck (knocking on wood) with all of my transactions.

Edited by jchurch