When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 2mm Crown On 196?

HauteHippie

The Lello experiment on my (old case) 7753 196 is just about over. The only way I can possibly see getting this crown to sit flush against the side of the case would be to modify the case. The recess on the underside of this crown is too shallow for the 196. It seems to work fine on 6497 models, though. Oh well.

So has anyone tried the Davidsen 2mm crown on a 7753 196 (preferably old case)? I may give it a shot.

In the meantime the Lello is up for sale to the first person in the CONUS who wants it.

Chiefy.

To fit the Lello crown you had to remove the raised lip around the crown tube. Don't be too obsessed with getting the crown absolutley flush against the case and it will be more difficult to grip when pulling out to adjust the time.

Davidsens crown will mean you have to fit a new crown tube as well - not the best idea.

To fit the Lello crown you had to remove the raised lip around the crown tube. Don't be too obsessed with getting the crown absolutley flush against the case and it will be more difficult to grip when pulling out to adjust the time.

Davidsens crown will mean you have to fit a new crown tube as well - not the best idea.

Arrrgh. Well I certainly don't like the idea of filing down the raised lip. But it would have to be done to be anywhere near looking right. I jsut don't want to modify the case.

What's the deal with the new crown tube on Davidsen's? Different diameter? What a pain.

Davidesens crown is bigger so will not fit the existing tube - the ONLY way to do this properly is to get Palp/PAM's crown which fits the rep crown tubes perfectly but might need a new stem (the original will be too short as the threaded hole in Palps crown is longer) to finish the job. Stems only cost about $5 so not a problem.