When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tauchmeister T0238

JohnG

Its not a rep and I don't think its even a homage, strictly speaking, but I thought some might enjoy it anyway...

I won this one on eBay for 37.95 Euros plus 12 Euros shipping to Spain, I thought it was a good deal, most sell for more, but yesterday I did a search of closed auctions, and last week one auction ended and NO ONE BID! Opening bid is .02 Euros! Could have been mine for 12.02 Euros!!! So if anyone wants one, with patience you can get one for next to nothing.

Anyway, some specs:

casesize 46mm; thickness 12 mm; stainless steel

20 atm (200 METER) water resistant

quartz movement

hardened mineral glass

screw down case back

luminous hands and indexes (very good lume)

high quality diver Strap Macuraflex (the strap is nice)

The build quality if REALLY nice, I am impressed with the watch for the money, great deal, nice size, not ridiculous but big, what I am used to now. The bezel is tight, neat design, seriously fat coinage, bezel partially recessed into case, nice deep rehault and crystal seems to be very thick. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the lug design but I do, it looks good.

The strap is a little stiff, but not too much, for me just right. It also has lots of "tail" even on my 7 3/4" wrist, which I like. You could get this on over a wetsuit no problem and since I go spear fishing once in a while, this one is coming with me.

This would make a great every day beater, a REAL beater, the one that you wear when mixing concrete or laying bricks.

And on to the pics!

Imagen095.jpg

Imagen093.jpg

Imagen092.jpg

Imagen091.jpg

Imagen090.jpg

Imagen089.jpg

Wow! Great find and great looking piece John! Congrats!

How long does the lume last?

It fades pretty quickly but then sort of plateaus off. In the dark, once your eyes adjust, it is perfectly visible long after charging. I will check it tonight if I remember, try to time it and give you a more precise answer tomorrow. After initial charging it is much much brighter than any reps or homages I have, if that is any help...