When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Winder Boxes - A Simple Fix

TJGladeRaider

I have a bunch of these watch winder boxes and I have had several where the carousel has become loose and begun a noisy rocking motion as it turned - the fix is simple, even for the least talentend Klutz.

Take your watches/cushions out of the winder.

Grab the padded circular carousel by the ridge in the middle and pull it out of the wooden caseing. It may require som wiggling because some are pressed in pretty tight.

Underneath, you will find a circular piece of cardboard that may be pressed into place, or may have a little dab of glue. Remove it, even iof you have to tear it all up.

Once you have that out, you will see the head of a screw in the center of the wooden casing. Hold the wooden caseing tight and tighten the screw - but don't get crazy with it. Just tighten it snug and it will last just fine for a long time. I have been tempted to use loctite but I don't know what happens if you take the screw all the way out.

Most times the cardboard disk comes out really easy, but some have been glued in. If you destroy it, all you need do is take another piece of thin cardboard like the one that comes when you buy a new shirt and cut it to fit.

Once you have done it once, you will find it is such a simple fix that there is no reason to risk overtightening.

Bill