When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guess What I Found This Morning..

Kaneda

So I wake up this morning and get ready to head out..

I open my watch box to retrieve my new PAM203 only to discover....

109131-24341.jpg

That's right.. the crystal was split in half..

I figure when it was manufactured the crystal was pressed into the watch case too hard and it has cracked under the pressure..

There's still a ring of sapphire in the bezel hole on the watch..

Has anyone else had this happen before?

I have contacted my dealer to see what they can do for me..

It's a shame.. I was planning on wearing it today :(

-Kaneda

Awesome!! You'll have to tell me your secret, this is the best I can do......... :Jumpy:

Seriously, good luck getting a replacement. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the words of encouragement..

I think I'll be fine, Josh has a way of taking care of people.

Edited by Kaneda

I have replaced a few of these but they have all been mineral glass. Was the watch described as having synthetic sapphire? If it was that means it's mineral glass.

Yeah, it's described as having synthetic sapphire on Josh's site..

I figured that meant sapphire... heh.

I'm still curious to see whether anyone out there has experienced their watch crystal just cracking as is..

It was fine the day before when I checked on it.. then this morning it was cracked.. I figure the only way it could happen is if it was jammed right in there under tremendous pressure..

-Kaneda

Yeah, it's described as having synthetic sapphire on Josh's site..

I figured that meant sapphire... heh.

I'm still curious to see whether anyone out there has experienced their watch crystal just cracking as is..

It was fine the day before when I checked on it.. then this morning it was cracked.. I figure the only way it could happen is if it was jammed right in there under tremendous pressure..

-Kaneda

Because it's mineral glass and was obviously not seated correctly this is why it's cracked - there have been many posts from others with the very same thing happening. I just replaced one for exactly the same reason recently. As much as I love our dealers I do wish they would not describe Mineral glass as Synthetic Sapphire - of course they do this because it's not just us that use their websites and it's a marketing term for the less well informed.

Davidsen sell a fantastic value sapphire with AR coat for about $80 - well worth the expense as I suspect Josh will just send another mineral replacement.

Guest overboosted

Can't beat my stupidity last week. After toasting two nice Rolex reps by screwing up the keyless works, I leave a superglue bottle beside another cheap sub of mine. Next mornig, the fumes seeped in and fogged up the crystal on the inside!

Oops.

My DIY days are OVER.

Can't beat my stupidity last week. After toasting two nice Rolex reps by screwing up the keyless works, I leave a superglue bottle beside another cheap sub of mine. Next mornig, the fumes seeped in and fogged up the crystal on the inside!

Oops.

My DIY days are OVER.

I have learnt the hard way about superglue too - better to use epoxy glue which has no vapours.