When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polish Brushed Cg

spock

With some elbow grease and Cape Cod polishing cloth you should have good results, but it will take MUCH longer than 5-minutes...

Not if you have a Dremel, or similar. Mine is a Black & Decker clone..

I just polished a formally brushed J le C Kompressor case and bezel. I removed the movement and the three crowns, masked the crystal with parcel tape (probably not necessary, but better safe that sorry) then set to with the Cape Cod. About 25 minutes later, the job was done. Easy!

My method was to cut a half-inch strip of the CC cloth, fold it like a concertina, make a hole through the centre of the wad, then mount it on an arbour. Making a hole through the centre of the wad was probably the hardest part of the operation. CC is surprisingly tough stuff.

Running the clone Dremel at low speed worked wonders. The result... quite quickly achieved, was a perfectly polished case and bezel. It has transformed the watch.

Not if you have a Dremel, or similar. Mine is a Black & Decker clone..

I just polished a formally brushed J le C Kompressor case and bezel. I removed the movement and the three crowns, masked the crystal with parcel tape (probably not necessary, but better safe that sorry) then set to with the Cape Cod. About 25 minutes later, the job was done. Easy!

My method was to cut a half-inch strip of the CC cloth, fold it like a concertina, make a hole through the centre of the wad, then mount it on an arbour. Making a hole through the centre of the wad was probably the hardest part of the operation. CC is surprisingly tough stuff.

Running the clone Dremel at low speed worked wonders. The result... quite quickly achieved, was a perfectly polished case and bezel. It has transformed the watch.

no dremel tool needed .

just pick up a jar of mothers aluminum wheel cream polish & a terry cloth , it will chrome out any ss surface . :victory: