When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TAG Carrera rotor - 2 versions?

fuzzywuzzy

NOTE: I'm more interested in the Carerra Auto Chrono, not the Day-Date (the one with the big numbers.)

So I've been reading many of the threads here on the TAG Carrera Automatic Chronograph, and the Chronograph Day-Date (i.e. he one with the big numbers on it.)

I notice there are 2 versions of the rotor on the reps (and I believe ALSO on the gens.)

There's 1 rotor that's a shell, and then there's another rotor with 2 triangles in it. I believe both of them have Calibre 16 on it (can't read some of the pics, hard to tell.)

Is the rotor with the triangle closer to the gen, or is it just fact that the Carerra Auto Chrono and the Auto Chrono Day-Date have 2 versions/generations (gen)? i.e. the older generations have the 'standard' rotor, and the newer ones have the rotor with the triangles?

I'm a bit confused with all of this...

The following pics stolen from another thread:

DSC01004.jpg

gen06caseback.jpg

Edited by fuzzywuzzy

The 2009 models have the triangles. The previous generations have the solid piece. This is for both Gen and Rep. I think they didn't make the triangle one into the non day-date rep is that it required 43mm while the non day-date uses the 41mm case. Or they are just using all their inventory of solid rotors first before converting to the newer rotors. I saw the non day-date at the dealer and for the 41mm Carrera Racing, it has the newer rotors.

Edited by XyKo