When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Before I Jump

ILLEST

Need one last piece od advice.I have settled on the fact I need the 111H and 183H.To that end I feel the way for me to go is with either PT or EDDIE.Can you guys sight any differences in the pieces these two guys carry or are they identical?

Thankyou

Eddie Lee now stocks an updated version of PAM111H with Swiss ETA 6497 with CDG bridges and swan neck regulator (cosmetic, non-operable). The case is 1:1, much better in finish and quality than 111G which I sold to get the 111H.

It also comes with sapphire crystal with AR coating (nice blue hue), correct serial number on caseback, correct OFFICINE PANERAI font on the caseback rim etc. The movement is very nice however lacklustre compared to the original, the blue engraved officine panerai on the CDG bridge is still wrong size and font, but I believe this is left intentionally, and don't think it will change any time soon. My watchmaker had a look at the movement and said - perfect, no oiling or servicing required at this stage. He did have to take the bridgess off, but didn't charge me for work since he was just interested to see what's the current replica quality out there...

Dial is also 1:1 now, dial lume is crap with capital "C", so be aware of this...

Hands still suffer 'recessed cannon pinion" problem, the hour hand is too close to the dial so it's slightly bent upwards to avoid the contact with the second hand at 9 o'clock, almost touching the minute hand as it passes over it. The distance between hour and minute hand is quite big, almost 1.5 mm, and as such easily spotted by looking the the crystal at even the slightest angle. Hands lume is OK.

Crown is so-so, better then the previous version, but still too beveled, had they decreased the bevel edge it would be close to the original. Crown guard is a real improvement, 1:1 - in my eyes, it's perfect.

I guess, if you get this watch and take it to The Zigmeister for a 'spa' treatment, relume the lume disc, including recessed pin fix and minute hand re-sizing, and you'll have an almost perfect specimen.

Hope this helps a bit in your final decision making ...

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola