When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building a franken Datejust in Melbourne

watchgal

Hi Guys...

I currently own two awesome watches. A genuine PAM98 and a gen Explorer II black dial. Previously I'd always flip one of my pieces to buy the next and then end up really regretting the loss of whatever I've sold! My budget doesnt led itself to much beyond these two gens. So here's my dilemmma I badly want a Datejust. I'm really missing something thats that little bit dressier. I want a 36mm with a diamond dial, so that immediately makes a gen a pricey option. I'm happy to put some effort into acquiring the right one, cos I'll keep it.

I've studied some threads where you guys have bought the parts to assemble a 36mm DJ and can pretty much figure out what I need to build one up. My only problem is that I have NO IDEA and am pretty much a clutz when it comes to building stuff. IKEA furniture no worries.. but anything tiny and I'm likely to have a total tanty and destroy it!

So does anyone have a good contact in Australia that I could ship all the parts too and pay them to put my DJ together? I can post questions on the forum I spose to ensure I have all that is needed to assemble it. I've found previously the watchmakers near me are all rep=junk and will just not look after whatever you give them to work on. I even had one throw my old gen 14060 on a class counter saying 'how much you pay for this junk' oh did I get narky with him! I will never give him work ever again for such bad customer service attitude!