When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review on Classic Carrera "Twin Time"

benew0

I have girly wrists. Let me rephrase that, boldy petite wrists and 39mm is perfect for them (I realize the rep is 38mm). Currently I was between the IWC Mark XVI (which was a complete bust, but hopefully wm9 does something worth spending money on) and then also the Tag Heuer Classic Carrera or the Twin Time version. I know the reviews for the XVI haven't been great but what I'm not quite sure of at the moment is how great of a rep the Classic Carrera or Twin Time version of this watch is. I understand that its been mentioned in Bytor's guide yet there hasn't been a member review that I've been able to find. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with this watch?

Thanks,

-Benjamin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I just being a noob? Or should I take it that there is no review and I should buy it and write one?

-Ben

Helle Benew0,

Don't know if this is any help to you, but I've compared my genuine classic carrera chrono with the one I found here. These are the flaws I've found:

The subdials are too thick and the color white isn't correct: it looks a bit silver-white, while mine is more off-white, like the color of the Daytona Paul Newman and the Speedmaster Legend, 6th title limited edition. I love this color on the gen by the way, it gives the watch a real classic look.

The racing strap (wich is a must if you ask me) has white stitching, but mine has black.

The back of the rep says 'Swiss made since 1860 Sapphire Crystal' in a round, then the Tag logo in the middel and the type 'CV2088'. That isn't correct. Mine says 'Swiss made since 1860' in a round, then the Tag logo in the middle, then the model wich is 'CV2113' and at the bottom it says 'sapphire crystal' in a round.

And, but you already knew that, the datewheel should be black on the black version and white on the white version.

If you want I can post some macro-pics, but I don't know if that is much appreciated, since it's a gen and this is a rep-forum (I'm new here :whistling:)

I love this watch and that is why I own it in genuine. The only thing is, I think it's a bit too small. I also don't like big watches, but in my experience a 42mm is the best. If you wear suits all the time like I do, a bigger watch is just trashy. It makes you look like a bouncer. My biggest watch is a Chopard MM GMT but I never wear it with a suit. So what Í try to say is: it might be a bit too small...

Edited by boneventura