When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono

bjl3910

I was replying to another post and got on the subject of this watch. I have this watch, the gen, and I got to thinking about a rep. When I ordered my first rep, and finally got it, I was amazed at the quality. My first rep was a PAM111h with the asian movement. I started looking at my gens. At the time I had a Tissot T-Touch, a Tag Carrera, and this Hamilton. I got rid of the Tag and Tissot to fund my new hobby...REPS. I couldn't bring myself to part with the Hammy. Mostly b/c I couldn't find a rep of it. I am curious why there aren't many Hamilton reps. I am guessing it has to do with the price of Hamilton Gens. You can get a great Hamilton for under $1500. If anyone knows more about this please enlighten me. If I could find a rep of the Jazzmaster below, I would sell my gen...and buy more reps. LOL.

GENHAMJM.jpg

Agreed, I have 2 Hamilton chronographs. They are great, and are only barely more expensive than a good rep. I would never buy a rep when the gens are reasonable. I also can't conceive of selling them. Love the gold Jazzmaster!

Yeah, I see your point. But again I have to think about my primary arguement FOR reps...Variety. Even though you can pick up a good hammy for about the same as a good rep, the nicer chronos are around 1500 bucks. I can think of 3 really great reps that I could get for that much dough. hats what I love about reps. I now have variety and option whereas in the past I could only have a few nice watches.

Which chronos do you have? Are they from the Jazzmaster line? I really like the Jazzmaster chronos. Very good looking watches and they seem to be the perfect size for my wrist. My JM is about 41mm and I'm not sure how thick it is, but it sits well on my wrist. Most of my reps are around the same size. 42mm is a perfect size to me. I can't get into some of these huge wacthes. I ordered a fiddy, the thing is like 47 or 48 mm and it just looks goofy. And I'm not s small guy. My wrist is 8.5 inches and I'm about 6'3". Oh well to each his own.

Upon rereading my last post, I'm not sure if I was clear. I meant I wouldn't buy rep Hamiltons, not reps in general. This being a rep board, naturally I buy reps.

I've had a brown 38mm Khaki Chrono for almost 2 years. It was a jewelry store display model that I got off the Bay for $400. It's an absolute rock. The other is a X-Wind Chrono that I got recently. Super happy with it too. It can be seen here:

I've had my eye on the Jazzmasters for a couple of years now. They look like great dress watches and I may bite in a few months.