When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crystal gasket for JimmyzFu case /w rep sapphire

w0lf

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where one might find a proper teflon gasket for a JF case/bezel? I know that JF takes a standard 35.5mm sapphire but I don't have the original gasket so there's a bit of play with crystal installed because regular rep gaskets are too thin. I'm trying to avoid gluing it in.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where one might find a proper teflon gasket for a JF case/bezel? I know that JF takes a standard 35.5mm sapphire but I don't have the original gasket so there's a bit of play with crystal installed because regular rep gaskets are too thin. I'm trying to avoid gluing it in.

Thanks!

Wolf, there are many who have tried, none that I know of who bhave been successful without gluing it in. Rumor has it that gen Panerai gaskets work -- but who can get those.

I am looking for this myself -- but woth no luck for nearly a year. Perhaps Oferi?

Yes, I hear you.. It's not easy to waterproof a cemented crystal, catch-22 is - if you put too much cement it beads on the other side, if not enough the watch is not water tight. Can someone with the right gasket possibly give us the measurements?

• 6 months later...

For that reason I have always elected to use the Jimmy mineral or gen crystals.

W, I've bought one of the early JFZu casesets including Sapphire xtal and gasket from him as soon as they apperared on eBay.

The Sapphire xtal 'snapped' into the bezel perfectly.

I believe the case maker changed the bezel xtal 'bed' diameter once the Sapphire xtals were replaced by mineral xtals, or something similar. We'll never know exactly what happened along the way, I guess.

cheers,

b

Ok, not to threadjack, but I've been trying to source a standard gasket for the plain cartel case and sapphire crystal. I think cousins has them, but I don't know the dimensions. Also they offer something like "I" and "L" shape, and I have no idea what's correct.

Here's a perhaps very dumb idea for the JimmyFu problem: Try stacking two gaskets?