When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ap Offshore Rose Gold 2006 Version

Guest Kool_Watch

Guest Kool_Watch

post-1084-1157587572_thumb.jpg post-1084-1157587594_thumb.jpg post-1084-1157588031_thumb.jpg post-1084-1157588051_thumb.jpg

Saw this on a few dealers' photo page. I must admit it is stunning. But some questions remain on the total accuracy of this beauty.

1) Rose gold color for the model isn't that rich comparing it to the original which has a deeper richer orangey gold.

2) The dial is something that is more 'Franken' than anything else. Very unique.

3) Has the seconds counter at 6 o'clock as opposed to the original, which is at 12.

4) The bordeaux croco strap looks cheap.

But apart from these minor flaws, it's a quartz watch with working chrono and date function. The case, thickness is pretty close. Some of the dealers that i spoke to seem not too impressed by it. One i clearly remember told me to 'Stay Away'.

What do you guys think? Does any member own these new ones?

Thomasang, our very own AP guru, your thoughts please............. :)

Edited by Kool_Watch

No good lah. A RG Offshore was only made in the "Pride of Russia" edition by the way, and the caseback on this is totally incorrect. The watch also seems bit out of proportion, and the crown/pushers look like they're the wrong size. Listen to the dealers, pass up on this one, wait for a proper version to come out.

Initially I thought this RO was pretty cool, when it came out in early August.

Now it just doesn't look good, it's the proportion of the bezel to the dial, too much bezel maybe. It is very clumsy looking.

Guest Kool_Watch
No good lah. A RG Offshore was only made in the "Pride of Russia" edition by the way, and the caseback on this is totally incorrect. The watch also seems bit out of proportion, and the crown/pushers look like they're the wrong size. Listen to the dealers, pass up on this one, wait for a proper version to come out.

Well it looks nothing like the pride of russia of course. But you must admit, it looks better than any of the AP reps out there. Although there's some slight diffrences on it's bezel, crown & chrono pushers. I think the dial is a little unique. Cant really tell from the pics unless it arrvies for me to do a 1:1 comparisson. But quartz........Maddone........yup, will give it a miss. Thoimas, you should try contacting the delaers if they would allow you you design and do a project Offshore for us :bleh:

Stay Kool.

Guest Kool_Watch

Which brings me to add....what will be good Rose Gold watch to get..nothing to dressy..?

Does anyone here have the Richard Mille RM003?

Edited by Kool_Watch